• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice - Honda Civic Type R EP3 2003 (53)

Hello, i'm new to the forums so go easy on me guys
icon_e_smile.gif

I am 21 & think its now time to move on from my Vauxhall Corsa C *Hides*

Ok so now to the point, this is a PRIVATE SELLER

Spec:

Honda Civic Type R 03 (53) FACELIFT
Former Owners: 3
Full Honda Service history ( service is due but this will arranged by the Seller before i pick it up)
MOT till Dec
No tax ( seller will provide 6 months )
66k on clock
Cosmic Grey
Black alloys
Interior = seems good from pictures
Exterior = seems good from pictures
Engine = completely standard
HPI clear

PRICE: £4,495.

What are your thoughts on the price for the car?

Before anyone asks about insurance lowest i've managed to find is just under £1050 with Churchill. On Tuesday i will be awaiting a call back from Adrian Flux & Sky Insurance ( i heard these guys are awesome with insurance for younger drivers with a clean sheet). Hopefully i can get my insurance under £1,000!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think sky may be over 25 and they require like a years experience driving a fast car or something? I may be wrong. but tbh £1100 is pretty damn good for your age.

Mate im in the same boat as you! lol im going from a peugeot 106 to an ep3 ctr, and the insurance is similar price, but i dont get mine until the start of May

i went from my feista to the ctr at 21 with points, 900 fully comp, try brentache, really good and thats with mods.
price seems pretty steep. mine is a prefacelift 03 (on 02 plates, dunno why) and had FSH 6 months and mot and a couple of months tax, 88000 and was mint externally. paid 3800. oh and it was milano red.

i went from my feista to the ctr at 21 with points, 900 fully comp, try brentache, really good and thats with mods.
price seems pretty steep. mine is a prefacelift 03 (on 02 plates, dunno why) and had FSH 6 months and mot and a couple of months tax, 88000 and was mint externally. paid 3800. oh and it was milano red.

This one was born in 2004 so its a facelift and with 65k on the clock i can get it for 4k but then i'd have to tax it myself & also do the 75k service which could potentially be around £400-600 so i personally think its not that steep BUT this is why i created the thread so thanks for the input TomCat.

ahh, i see. now you explain that it makes more sense. not too bad. Just check all the normal bits and bobs. As well as checking out the buyers guide on here. And defo try brentache on tuesday, there real good. Especially if you ever want to do any work to the car :D

oooh, I'm so glad I'm not young anymore!
I'm 31, clean licence and full protected ncb on my 54 plate EP3. I pay £300 all in with Admiral :)

ahh, i see. now you explain that it makes more sense. not too bad. Just check all the normal bits and bobs. As well as checking out the buyers guide on here. And defo try brentache on tuesday, there real good. Especially if you ever want to do any work to the car :D

Ok so today i tried, Greenlight insurance, Adrian Flux, Brentache & Sky insurance...no one could come close to £1000 although i managed to get my existing insurance company to £1048 on GoCompare.com! Lets see if by phone i can haggle them more!

hmmm, wonder why the insurance companys are being dicks. im sure your get somewhere though :). just keep looking and hassling

update: Managed to get 12 months for £994.28 :) will haggle them on Sunday if im happy with the CTR viewing! touch wood i find nothing wrong with it since my hopes are really up :(

i personally think the price is to much. Unless.... its in exceptional condition.

Even if it was 4k? Like i said, i get buy this for 4k but then i'd have to tax it myself and also do the 75k service myself which could potentially be more! Its a gamble i know but i suppose a gamble im willing to take! Thanks for the reply :)

I see quite a few 04 facelifts for 4k or under with similar millage. My friend managed to get a milano 04 with 60k fsh for £3800 from a garage so had tax with it.

I see quite a few 04 facelifts for 4k or under with similar millage. My friend managed to get a milano 04 with 60k fsh for £3800 from a garage so had tax with it.

I've been looking for months on Pistonheads, Autotrader, Gumtree, Ebay & still can't find any decent cosmic grey facelifts with 65kish mileage for 4k under :(. This is the closest i've found to my requirements.

If you're happy with it and its in good condition to warrant the money then go for it. Think valve clearances need doing as well with that service. Someone will correct me if im wrong though.

Back