• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice needed please

Hi, recently over the past two weeks bet intermitantly my EP3 cut out when I turn it over, it happend twice on consecutive days two weeks ago then was absolutly fine and started up Everytime for the last week now last night it did it again, basically when I get in the car put the key in the ignition then turn it lived it just cuts all power absolutly everything alarm stops working lights stereo etc. I leave it for 10 or so mins then try the fob to lock it and unlock it and then start it up and it works, any ideas will be much appericiated.

Sounds like the battery is on the way out. These threads start popping up this time of year when the outside temps start dropping.

Exactly. It is harder to start the engine demanding more current and the battery's ability to supply that current is reduced with the temperature especially when it is getting tired.

Is there anything else that it could be other than the battery, or by the sound of my description is that more than likely what it could be.

If the power goes to everything it is the battery. Since it comes back, it's not a fuse. The alarm is on a different system from the ECU, so it's not the ECU.

Back