• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

advice needed - TDI MODS

I went to TDI recently and spoke to Paul. The next steps in MODS for me is new Header and KPRO. Only issue is decatting - with the DC header can you attach a cat or do I need to go for the spoon option. Has anyone got a de cat and managed to get through MOT

You cannot attach a cat to DC Sports manifold.

You have 2 options:
Jackson Racing with a custom race cat,
Spoon 4-2 and JDM 2-1 (rare to find),

You cannot pass MOT without a CAT unless you have a friend who works at the station.
Alanb in Ireland claimed to have passed his car with a Toda manifold but that's probably just a fluke. :|

Trung said:
You cannot attach a cat to DC Sports manifold.

You have 2 options:
Jackson Racing with a custom race cat,
Spoon 4-2 and JDM 2-1 (rare to find),

You cannot pass MOT without a CAT unless you have a friend who works at the station.
Alanb in Ireland claimed to have passed his car with a Toda manifold but that's probably just a fluke. :|

How much you talking for a custom cat or JDM

I've heard that the Jackson Racing manifold is no longer available, is this true?

Oh I forgot,

You can buy the Mugen manifold which has a built-in hi flow cat (mega bucks) or Supersprint.

JR manifold with custom hi flow cat is the best option and cheapest option.

CTR_Paul said:
HASNIC said:
Less than just swapping the manifold off once the MOT time comes along :wink:

The JRRH cat is big bucks, last time I checked it was IRO an extra £300.

I phrased that completely wrong, meant to say that changing the manifold is less that getting in a sport cat and so on :oops: :oops:

Or there is the Maxim works manifold.

I know of a few DC5's that have passed an MOT with Toda header, engine needs to be fully warm first though.

Trung said:
Oh I forgot,

You can buy the Mugen manifold which has a built-in hi flow cat (mega bucks) or Supersprint.

so what do you do - Paul at TDI says something about a second hand jdm cat linked to the spoon manifold

jembi said:
Trung said:
Oh I forgot,

so what do you do - Paul at TDI says something about a second hand jdm cat linked to the spoon manifold

Looking at the Spoon 4-2 matted to the JDM cat myself, TDi will be fitting it for me when i do.
AC :D

Yes a Spoon 4-2 manifold and a Spoon 2-1 Pipe then get a JDM Cat to swap over at MOT :D

Andyd said TGM have the Cats all in at £300

Carl

Ultim8_Evil said:
Balls to the CAT, just swap round at MOT time.

DC Sports 4-2-1 race manifold and KPRO all the way ;)

Was thinking that but live right by the start of the M56 weigh point do not want to get caught. Sod it should meet up Only live near Chester

Back