• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice on stopping sub in boot moving

Yo Dawg'z

I have a boxed subwoofer in the boot, held down by a couple of "L" shaped brackets which are screwed into the boot floor, but after a bit of spirited driving the screws seem to wriggle loose and the subwoofer ends up sliding around which is annoying.

Any other ideas on how to keep it in one place ?

Works well mate, you can also easily remove the sub without damaging anything :)

Sorted it put 2 long strips of it underneath and a bit on the middle, that should stop it sliding

£7.99 though for a reel of it :(

My ghetto solution years ago was to duct tape some 80 grit emery paper to the base of the sub box and it worked a treat. You could still pick it up and reposition it anywhere in the boot but it wouldn't slide around at all, cheap as you like too. ;)

I had it in the boot for probably a year and when I removed it, there wasn't a mark on the carpet.

Nice method, say if you wanted to not stick tape to or staple the sub box you could always stick the emery cloth back to back and just place it between the sub box and the boot carpet :)

This may sound like it wouldn't work but I had a bass tube in my pug 306 gti for over a year, held in place (also with some pretty spirited driving) just by sitting it on a cheap rubber car floor mat. Someone suggested it to me and I thought it would never work but it really didn't move an inch.
Not sure how much boxes weigh compared to tubes but it could be worth a try for people who don’t want to attach anything.

Back