• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice on trading in?????

Looking at trading in for a 03 S2000. How much do you's think I should be paying on top of my 53 plate (04 year) Type R, milano, no air con, immaculate condition. Te S2000 has 36k on the clock. This is at a Honda dealer. Just wondering if your figures match the stealers or match the ones I was thinking of!. Going to see the car tomorrow afternoon :wink: . Any advice would be appreciated.

I could use that but was hoping you gurus would tell me its big and clever to trade in, then I'm sorted :wink:

That one doesn't take into account whether it has a/c or not....

As far as I know nonw of the Guilds take into account weather it has Aircon, when I went to get a price on trade in vs a STI Scooby the Salesman was telling me the price listed is with aircon, they dont list it without.

As soon as I mentioned my car didnt have aircon he was like humm have to knock some off the value then :)

Tarticus said:
That one doesn't take into account whether it has a/c or not....

As far as I know nonw of the Guilds take into account weather it has Aircon, when I went to get a price on trade in vs a STI Scooby the Salesman was telling me the price listed is with aircon, they dont list it without.

As soon as I mentioned my car didnt have aircon he was like humm have to knock some off the value then :)

The proper Glass's one does ask if it has a/c or not. I did it last week. :wink:

Dude, I was offered £8k for mine. '02 plate, no air con 60k miles. Not bad tbh. Worth baring that in mind. That was from Johnsons. Oh it was in exchange for an 05 S2000 GT with 11k on the clock. Berlina Black.

What do you think of this????? Clicky
(The black Y reg one)
Looked at the car and it seems really good. I've not took it out yet. Still not sure whether I want to go from a 04 civic to a 01 S2000 :?:

Captain Redbeard said:
G said:
Dude, I was offered £8k for mine. '02 plate, no air con 60k miles. Not bad tbh. Worth bearing that in mind.
That's not bad at all. I'll be getting rid of the CTR shortly and I'm undecided as to whether to trade it in or sell it privately. :-k

I really can't be doing with the hassle of a private sale but I don't want to lose too much by trading it in.

It's an 02 NHB without air-con on 41k miles but the alloys are kerbed and it's been keyed/scratched by vandals/people who can't park.

Mechanically though it's sound and is very well looked after.

I'd be happy with 8k on a trade-in...

I'm getting £9500 for mine on the 1st of sept. 03 non-AC with 45k miles. :wink:

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
I'm getting £9500 for mine on the 1st of sept. 03 non-AC with 45k miles. :wink:
What condition are your wheels/paintwork in?

Mint, the wheels were replaced 10 months ago under warrenty and don't have a mark on them. There's isn't a scratch or dent on the car, same goes for the interior. Touch wood. :wink: :lol: 8)

I've been offered 12k trade in on my 53 plate (04 facelift) milano with no air con. 27K on the clock :wink:

Captain Redbeard said:
Neily03 said:
Mint, the wheels were replaced 10 months ago under warranty and don't have a mark on them. There's isn't a scratch or dent on the car, same goes for the interior. Touch wood. :wink: :lol: 8)
That'll be why I'm not expecting anything like £9500 for mine. :lol:

I was expecting to keep the car a lot longer than this and I've never cared about how it looked, but our situation has changed and it's going a lot sooner than anticipated. :(

At the moment I'm trying to work out whether it's worth spending the money to get the wheels refurbed and have the scratches fixed or just to sell it as seen for less cash... :-k

What you geting next?

I ended up getting £14k for my NHB CTR prem with 16k miles on the clock.

Just saw it today up for £16k. :x :x :x :x :x

I've just found another nice S2K, 51 plate with 28k miles, excellent condition but up for £15k. They only offered me £9700 for my 04 CTR. I did get that up to £10.5k. I'll wait and see if he gives me a better offer on monday :wink:

Back