• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Advice please :0

Hi Guys, i have a little question insurance related,

My car decided it was going to go a drive itself down my street into another car.
Mine was ok but the other had front wing/bumper damage.
I had to claim through my insurance and they sorted it very quickly, however i recieved this email from them and i dont know what it means. Also they havent sent me anhything through the post ( i dont know if they are supposed to or not ) regarding the settled claim and how much it cost them etc ( again i dont know if they do )

Can someone clear up what this means, it just confused me. Thanks

This claim has now been settled. Your No Claims Bonus has been reduced in accordance with the terms and conditions of your policy, as stated in your Policy Booklet.

Please note that this is a 'no claim' bonus and not a 'no blame' bonus. If a claim occurs which is not your fault and we have to make a payment, we will reduce your No Claims Bonus unless we can get back all that we have paid from those who were responsible.

They're reducing your NCB as you've made a claim.

Even if it's not your fault they'll reduce your NCB if you make a claim and they don't recover all the costs.

Pretty standard.

Back