• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Advice please

Just in the process of buying a 59 plate milano red type R from local chain car dealer (no names). It's got 13k on it but i've not actually seen it as it's been brought from another dealer and i can't get away from work til sat aft.

The salesman phoned me tonight to say it had arrived and it was really clean. I asked if the wheels were mint and he said yeah and i asked if the mats were still in it (they were in the pic) and he said no but he had me a brand new set.

I also asked about the iPod cable and he said it was gone but he had one for me.

Then i asked about stonechips and this is where i've become a bit concerned as he said it was "a lot better than some that i've seen but there are a couple that we'll get touched up"

Obviously i'm not expecting perfection as it's done 13k but i'm still paying 14.5k for it.

And although i've paid a deposit i was told that it was only to have the car brought through and i was under no obligation to buy it and i could have my money back at any time. So i'm not really worried about that.

So my question is how direct should i be with him? What should i realistically be expecting from a 10k car with regards to stonechips?

I'm not really a confrontational type of buyer tbh and i don't like to inconvenience people so i find it hard to demand things.

Thanks

Milano

It's all down to you, it's your money, if you're not happy then don't buy it. It's that simple.

That's the thing though, I don't want to be unreasonable but at the same time i want to get the best for my money.

What would YOU accept from a 59 plate Type R with 13k?

Very few imo. Mine had 16k on it when I got it and had hardly any, it's now nudging 40k and the front skirt and bumper are hammered but the bonnet and wings are no worse than any other make of car I've had at that mileage.

That's the thing though, I don't want to be unreasonable but at the same time i want to get the best for my money.

If you choose not to buy the car, this is not being unreasonable. You said yourself, you are under no obligation to buy. As Neily03 said, if you're not happy, don't buy it. Be patient, the perfect one will pop up eventually.

The biggest trouble with buying a Milano red one is that Honda used white primer so when it does chip it stands out a mile.

Well i went to see the car yesterday and to say i was dissapointed would be an understatement!

First of all it had hit something (a kerb prob) and the front bumper on on the driver side had a scuff on it and had been pushed up.

It had LOADS of stone chips

It had a dent on the bonnet and also on the drivers door.

It also had a mark on it where bird poo had burned through the paint.

I can't understand why the dealer felt that this was a 15k car?

A bit disillusioned now tbh

I hope you told them to stick it.

Is there nothing on Pistonheads etc that takes your fancy?

Yeah i didn't even drive it.

Go my deposit back and went home.

Actually seeing a Milano red 59 plate gt today. Only 1900 miles from new.

Nice. You should hunt around for one fitted with an LSD. Later models and champ white ones.

I have mine up for sale? 58 plate milano with 30k though... no stonechips, had the front sprayed in October. Happy to send you pics if you're interested? Take a look at my post on the for sale section. Will consider offers and will happily take a beating if it is not as described.

Back