• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM CAI and bypass valve

Hi guys

Im looking at buying the AEM CAI for my Ep3 CTR and have been reading up on issues with hydro-locking, I get paranoid very quickly and so I don't want to be driving around worrying all the time when it rains etc. Is the bypass value for the induction kit actually able to stop the hydro lock issues and is it worth the hefty price tag?

Im thinking of just saving and going for a used tegiwa intake instead, but I don't really want to wait for a used one to pop up in the classifieds or ebay etc so might just have to go with the AEM CAI along with a bypass valve

The bypass isn't a direct fit on the EP3 kit, you have to chop a section out IIRC to make it fit.

If I were you I'll just go straight with tegiwa intake mate, better be safe and saving you the hassle of putting the bypass valve.

You could get used tegiwa for £230 if you are lucky enough.

Is the bypass valve effective at what its supposed to do anyways, and has anyone had one installed on their CAI

Back