• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM CAI Filter Clean (Unexpected Problem!)

This evening I took the time to clean my AEM CAI filter in preparation for the Summer and this Sundays Rolling Road day.

I have had the AEM CAI for approx. 14 months and 12000 miles. I clean it at 6000 mile intervals.

After I had removed my spare wheel and moved the arch liner out of the way, I loosened the jubilee clib and took the filter off the ram pipe, only to discover this....

P5110001.jpg

P5110006.jpg

P5110005.jpg

Where the jubilee clip holds the filter on around the rubber 'neck', the rubber had split approx. 1/2 way round.

I can only imagine I had tightened the clip too much, and through the movement of the engine etc... the neck had split.

My temporary fix was some trusty black tape, wound round the neck in layers, to prevent the split getting any worse and leading to the filter possible hanging off.

P5110007.jpg

So I proceeded with the cleaning, used a dish scrubbing brush and a little soapy water, and brushed out the loose dirt particles.

Once clean, i gave it a light coating with some filter oil.

So I guess I will be on the phone tomorrow to order a new AEM filter - Will take this opportunity to get one of their dry flow units.

the Filters are made by K&N so are not the best quality in the world

Id just go to Halfords and get a cheap universal cone filter, will do the same job and be a lot cheaper

Back