• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM CAI or TEGIWA M?

Hello I've heard TEGIWA is the best intake for EP3 but couldn't get hold of one so rare to find.
I keep looking for a month now and couldn't get any lol
If anyone has, let me know someone wants tegiwa.
so I ended up thinking of AEM CAI with hydroshield.
Anyone have used this and had no problems with this before? Wet days, worst rains and snow?

Just finished reading it. Still having double thoughts on the AEM CAI :D
But if there's tegiwa cheap version available, i'll get them! :D
Couldn't post to the wanted section. :(

He wants to swap the tegiwa to the OEM box and the scuttle panel and he wants collect in person which is like 3-4 hours of drive one way. :(

I need intake hose as well if I'm gonna get from tegiwa online?
As I have K&N typhoon when I bought the car.

No. The aem is one long intake hose :)

I'll possibly have an Arc intake for sale in April.

UJ the AEM CAI is the intake i have on mine, they have no problem with sucking up water unless you're stupid and drive through deep floodwater.

Do you have hydroshield in it as well? I wanna change the typhoon I have as you told me and other people that the engine suffers from heatsoak.

nah i don't have a hydroshield. i dont think it's really necessary tbh, but it can't do any harm as an extra precaution. i've done about 23,000 miles in my EP3 already, driven in some of the worst rain i've ever seen on the motorway and off, and i've never had a problem, and yeah it does, AEM CAI isn't the best for bhp gains overall but in my opinion you get the best gains for the money as its a hell of a lot cheaper than a Gruppe M or ARC.

Thanks bud. I preffer AEM CAI as you got it and it is a lot cheaper but it sat on the left hand side on the bumper and my car got cracked wheel panels on the passenger side underneath not that big but still worries me. Whatcha think?

i expect it would be alright if its not too bad, as long as it isn't leaving the filter completely exposed, get a hydroshield to be safe i suppose if you're worried. bring it round sometime if you want and i'll have a look, cant hurt to get a second opinion.

Thanks for the help mate. I'll come around if your not that busy and been to sleep already. :D I'm free right now and the rest of the day. I got some LED's sidelights as well you might help me putting them on. :D

Thanks bud.

yeah no problem i've already done all mine, i got work later so if you wanna do it make it soon lol

Back