• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM cleaning

didnt u get an instruction sheet which comes with it wen u bought the filter? u just need to fill a cup with plain water big enuff for the filter to go in but only fill it up to just below the plastic casing, let it rest for about 10-15 mins den gently shake the filter a bit for the dirt to come out, repeat this process for about 3-4 times with clean water each time and ure good =)
oh and leave to dry for at least a day and DO NOT add any oil as the filter does not require any oil.

this is wat i recall from my instruction sheet but if any1 else have other methods den please share.

No when I bought it from ABP and got home there was no cleaning instructions

Thanks for this will do it over the weekend

didnt u get an instruction sheet which comes with it wen u bought the filter? u just need to fill a cup with plain water big enuff for the filter to go in but only fill it up to just below the plastic casing, let it rest for about 10-15 mins den gently shake the filter a bit for the dirt to come out, repeat this process for about 3-4 times with clean water each time and ure good =)
oh and leave to dry for at least a day and DO NOT add any oil as the filter does not require any oil.

this is wat i recall from my instruction sheet but if any1 else have other methods den please share.

Thats assuming that he's got the paper filter and not the older one like i have which you DO need to re-oil ;)

I have got the one that looks like a K+N filter which I guess is paper - is it still the same - in water then let dry and then oil

well if u got the original filter which comes with the induction (silvery metal colour) den u will need a bit of oil, if u got a paper filter like i have which is white and feels like paper den u wont need any oil.

I have got the one that looks like a K+N filter which I guess is paper - is it still the same - in water then let dry and then oil

If it looks like the K&N filter i.e. redish in colour with a fine mesh on top (on the outside) then it's the same one that i have which after cleaning WILL need re-oiling. You can get a charger kit from your local Halfrauds. Mine cost me about £12.00 iirc and is labelled 'K&N charger kit' (red box ithe black chequered pattern)

Bit of a thread revival here.

My V2 has the DryFlow filter on it (not the K&N mesh type), according to AEM when you clean it your meant to use Dryflow cleaning solution but I can't find anywhere that sells it. Anyone know?

I think it's different to the K&N kit becuase as mentioned up the thread the K&N style filters require oiling but the dryflow doesn't, whether the actual cleaning solution would be the same I'm not sure.

Judging by the video on the AEM website it looks like it comes in a pink/red bottle.

Could be worth giving Mark @ Sumo Power a call as they are the main AEM people in the UK so they might well stock it?

What was the outcome of this? I reckon I've a paper one (no red or mesh near it) which badly needs cleaning. Will I need fluid or will the bucket of water do?

Back