• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM or K-Pro ECU

If its the proper AEM one then you can plug a laptop in whilst driving, k pro you have to stop the car to datalog.

Version 1 had problems, V2 is meant to be fine, but Id go with K pro - tried and tested.

If its the proper AEM one then you can plug a laptop in whilst driving, k pro you have to stop the car to datalog.

Version 1 had problems, V2 is meant to be fine, but Id go with K pro - tried and tested.

you dont need to stop the car to datalog with kpro....

the only pain with k-pro is that when you remap, it puts the engine in failure mode for the time new map is uploaded, which is up to 1 minute on a first upload (ie the first time you upload of any session) and 1 to 10 sec afterwards.

On the AEM EMS (which is a proper standalone ECU) it's instantaneous.

you dont need to stop the car to datalog with kpro....

the only pain with k-pro is that when you remap, it puts the engine in failure mode for the time new map is uploaded, which is up to 1 minute on a first upload (ie the first time you upload of any session) and 1 to 10 sec afterwards.

On the AEM EMS (which is a proper standalone ECU) it's instantaneous.

So you can have the laptop plugged in and see whats doing what whilst driving round the track, I was told you couldn't but the AEM allowed that. That was off a mate right enough who was going for the AEM and was trying to justify the extra expense

So you can have the laptop plugged in and see whats doing what whilst driving round the track, I was told you couldn't but the AEM allowed that. That was off a mate right enough who was going for the AEM and was trying to justify the extra expense

That 's the datalogging now you're talking about.
You can have a laptop plugged in on both ECU and go around the track to see what the car is doing no worries.

You actually don't need to have a laptop plugged in whilst you're on track with the AEM. It will store the datalog onboard, and when you get back to the pit you can get the datalog out of the ECU for analysing.

K-Pro didnt use to have onboard memory so you had to have the laptop plugged in for datalogging. Since about a year the new k-pros have had onboard memory added to them, and now they offer the same feature as the AEM EMS. If you have an old K-pro then Hondata will update it, however it involves sending your kpro to them...

Ah thats what I meant :oops: , cheers for explaining :D

So is it true if you fit a wideband o2 sensor you can measure the air/fuel ratio and therefore live road map?

Ah thats what I meant :oops: , cheers for explaining :D

So is it true if you fit a wideband o2 sensor you can measure the air/fuel ratio and therefore live road map?

I presume you ask for the k-pro?

on a UK (EU) k-PRO you can feed in the 02 sensor information to ONLY show it on the logger's graph. so yes you can use it for road mapping. But the ecu wont use the information in any way, it's just to display it in KManager.

You'd need a USDM ECU for that.

Yeah its for k pro, I need a remap to run the mods together correctly and was just wondering if it was possible with the uk one

I see, then you need a wideband with a +5V output (like the AEM UEGO) and plug that onto your kpro (on the wires just before the ECU plugs). Then in Kmanager you need to set up that input with the table Volts/AFR that will come with it.
tbh if you do that yourself you should consider getting a gauge that you will fit on the dash or somewhere so you can check at all time your AFR doesnt go awol. I fit one on my cars just for the additional feedback/safety.

I was only going to buy it if it allowed a tuner to live map, I won't be doing anything like that myself - Ill just leave it to the experts. Not that there are any up this way :(

AEM IVTEC tuning sucks compared to kmanager

i love aem for s2k's , works wonders..

for a k or a b
kpro or s300 ,

just a suggestion and i know nothing about but ive seen spoon and mugen plug and play ECU for the K20 engines...

any good/anybody tred them before?

AEM IVTEC tuning sucks compared to kmanager

i love aem for s2k's , works wonders..

for a k or a b
kpro or s300 ,

I don't agree with that. but hey each to their opinion!

just a suggestion and i know nothing about but ive seen spoon and mugen plug and play ECU for the K20 engines...

any good/anybody tred them before?

A spoon/mugen/tracy sport/whatever japanese tuner plug'n'play ecu will only be good if you have exactly the same mods as the map they hold were done with.
Each engine being different, these ECU can only hold "basemap" sort of speak, as Mugen wouldn't want someone with the "wrong" mod to blow their engine with their ECU in it....

for the same price-ish get a proper remap. you car will only be much better for it.

Would it be worth K-Pro-ing a K20 with only an unsilenced b-pipe as non-standard parts?
You'll be able to drop the Vtec crossover if you want and you'll probably be able to squeeze a little bit more power out, but it's a very expensive option for the gains.

You'd be better off getting a CAI kit first then getting a an aftermarket ECU and Mapping both if you're still not happy.

I don't understand why people spend more on a Kpro than a K100 if they nothing about mapping/tuning. You can do more damage than good if you ignorantly fiddle with maps.

I don't understand why people spend more on a Kpro than a K100 if they nothing about mapping/tuning. You can do more damage than good if you ignorantly fiddle with maps.

Exactly, a K100+remap pack would bring quite a difference to the midrange power, without costing that much.

If you don't want to change the air intake then a drop-in filter would help...

Back