• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM Short Ram

I have an AEM short Ram with a cone filter that is shielded with a carbon fibre heatshield. This came with the car. Initially the car was sluggish so I decided to clean it. I could not take the heatshield off because the screws had somehow managed to degrade and trying to unscrew them is impossible as it just strips the head like powder. So i tried cleaning what I can from the inside and this made a hell of a difference. However there is still a major flatspot on the low end and it feels as though the car is hesitating and has a lot more to fulfil its potential. I notice this at higher gears when in the vtec zone aswell.

I doubt it that I will be able to clean this but where can I get a replacement cone and heatshield for my filter? And how much would I be looking at?

Back