• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V1 CAI Fitted

Bought this second hand from a guy on ebay. 2k miles covered so fairly new.

Was a bit skeptical on the fitting as i've never done anything like this before but apart from being a little fiddly, it was easy to fit.

Performance wise - great throttle response, more torque for definite, quicker off the line but most of all; what a f**king sound.

If anyone's looking for a better sound, do this first. When the VTEC kicks in it's like a fighter jet is under the engine!

Brilliant!!!

Nice one glad you're happy with it!
Just watch out for deep puddles.:lol:
Glad you did the swap then?

I've just had one fitted this week, it's amazing! Great noise and car feels better for it too.

Glad you're enjoying it dude.

Hippy i'm well pleased with the car! So so glad i took the chance. Awesome bit of kit. Sounds great with the AEM on. Exhaust next.

Kingskin - how much did they charge for fitting then mate? Big difference eh!?!?

60 quid mate, they are doing an offer till the end of dec giving 20% off rrp and I had the car in anyway so asked tom to chuck one on. I fitted my injen cai myself and it's not too hard but couldn't be arsed what with the weather at the moment.

I'd like a new exhaust too but think I'm going to concerntrate on the interior and suspention first and then it'll be a wheel refurb so save,save,save is the name of the game.

What exhuaust you thinking of getting?

Well Mongoose is literally 2 minutes down the road and they did my ST earlier this year so maybe one of theirs again - sound really nice.

ABP is only 20 minutes down the road too so may bob over there to have a look at a Piper/ABP one.

What you think?

Btw, what bulbs does the CTR use? H4 for both main and dipped?

Mate it's your choice but I'd go Jap on the exhaust like Spoon N1, Fujitsubo RM01 or Feels. They're expensive but the best usually are!

Fujitsubo RM01 that'll be the one you want fella unless you're looking for something that makes more noise then the N1's a good choice.

Well i've gone against all your advice - booked in tomorrow morning at 9am! I'll let you all know how it sounds.

Back