• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V1 owners

Not sure if this is related to the AEM, but noticed last night if i accelerate up to Vtec point and then let off the accelerator slowly I get a wierd sucking noise, almost like I have a dead cat stuck in the filter, it happens around 5000rpm, my vtec point is 5500, I haven't noticed any difference in performance just its a bit worrying as its not something I've heard before.

Is it a bit like the sound when you turn the engine off and getting a sucking sound. I get that as well. Had it with other open filters on the car too.

ritzctr said:
Is it a bit like the sound when you turn the engine off and getting a sucking sound. I get that as well. Had it with other open filters on the car too.

Its a strange sound, sounds normal on acceleration just it sounds wierd when you let off the power slowly above 5000rpm, I need to have a go today see if the noise is still there, might just be me being paranoid.

Back