• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V2 Heatshield

Wondering if any one can help me.....

I have a AEM V2 Induction Kit and am trying to find somewhere I can get a heatshield from. Having no luck anywhere at the moment could anyone suggest somewhere to me :confused:

Idealy would want this and a cold air feed

Cheers! :)

Am terrible with DIY so no chance there :lol:

Any one else have any suggestions or know anyone who sells these???

Any one else have any suggestions or know anyone who sells these???
Probably not what you want to hear but the only thing I can suggest is to get rid of the V2. It sucks in air from near the exhaust manifold. Not a good thing and will suffer terrible heatsoak when idling in traffic. You'd be better off putting the standard airbox back on.

Yeah not want to hear really....

In all honesty bought the V2 by mistake was intending on getting a V1 but just fitted the V2 anyway when it arrived, does sound nice compared to standard but have not noticed power gain.

Happy to live with it but just sure with Cold Air Feed and Heatshield has got to perform better in the short term until I get round to getting V1.

Yeah not want to hear really....

In all honesty bought the V2 by mistake was intending on getting a V1 but just fitted the V2 anyway when it arrived, does sound nice compared to standard but have not noticed power gain.

Happy to live with it but just sure with Cold Air Feed and Heatshield has got to perform better in the short term until I get round to getting V1.
I don't understand why people want noise at the sacrifice of power.:confused:

I wouldn't go with a V1 either, not with the amount of water that has fallen recently. There have been a few people who have suffered from the dreaded hydrolock due to having one fitted. You've probably heard this time and again but Gruppe M is the way to go. Nothing comes close IMO, both for noise and power gains.

I don't understand why people want noise at the sacrifice of power.:confused:

I wouldn't go with a V1 either, not with the amount of water that has fallen recently. There have been a few people who have suffered from the dreaded hydrolock due to having one fitted. You've probably heard this time and again but Gruppe M is the way to go. Nothing comes close IMO, both for noise and power gains.

One word..... Cost!, I reckon. ;)

Yeah cost is main reason have not considered Gruppe M, have not noticed any power loss with the AEM V1 but can see it will obviously suffer from heatsoak.

Will just live with it for now and keep my eye out for anything better for sale on here :)

Yet fit for purpose does too, a Rolex Oyster will tell you the same time as an Accurist. ;)
But if it suffers from heatsoak and makes less power then surely it is not fit for the purpose it is intended.

And which would you rather wear on your wrist?

Tbh, even the Gruppe M is susceptible to heat, but reduced, as the cold air entering is passed through a heated box. The issue of heatsoak I think has become a bit of a buzzword. The only time that heatsoak will affect any induction kit is when the vehicle has had no airflow through the engine bay. As soon as the airflow returns, due to forward motion of the car the heatsoak issue is eliminated. As the term its self alludes to, "Heat Soak" the time spent under constant heat. The making less power, is dependent on what other harmonising modifications are done. People are seeing relatively good power increases from cone type inductions as they have tailored their tuning to suit the cone filter.

So, in answer, yes they are fit for purpose. They are just value for money options, hence we come full circle to the cost issue. If it were a case of money was no option....... I don't think many of us would have a Red H on the bonnet. ;)

Oh and the Oyster is to heavy to wear day in day out :twisted:

Back