• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V2 improvements ?

Anyone got any ideas where and if so what size water shield I need for a V2 ?
Im also after any ideas on a heat shield size ? and how can I get a tube down to the V2 to make sure only cold air is hitting this bad boy ?

Alot to ask but hey im a noob so......

and how can I get a tube down to the V2 to make sure only cold air is hitting this bad boy ?

Alot to ask but hey im a noob so......

Sort of, I had a DIY go at that, but I've not been able to prove/disprove its effectiveness as yet.

If you're looking for more guaranteed cold air to your filter, the V2 isn't the ideal route to go down. As suggested above, go for a GruppeM, or perhaps an ITG Maxogen :D

Sort of, I had a DIY go at that, but I've not been able to prove/disprove its effectiveness as yet.

If you're looking for more guaranteed cold air to your filter, the V2 isn't the ideal route to go down. As suggested above, go for a GruppeM, or perhaps an ITG Maxogen :D

Yeah I will but funds tight at the moment and nearly £ 800 quid for a induction kit for the gruppe m new is steep even if its the best i could think of other things the £ 800 quid could go on lol

£800 is way off mate, its more like £350-£450.

The ITG is also one thats worth considering as said which is around the same price.

£800 is way off mate, its more like £350-£450.

The ITG is also one thats worth considering as said which is around the same price.
got a qoute yesterday from gruppe m and in yen its 107000 so in pounds today its £ 756 new

got a qoute yesterday from gruppe m and in yen its 107000 so in pounds today its £ 756 new

Have you contacted the traders on this forum?

It can't be as much as that, I got mine for half that!

There was a GM contact in Japan that would ship it over but obviously there will be tax to pay but from memory it was no where near £800.

Also, keep an eye out on all the type-r forums for a used one. There's no problem getting a used one as long as it's in good nick and well maintained.

Back