• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V2 intake

Are there 2 sizes of this? have on for my EP3 but some of the fittings won't line up, therefore I have assumed that there is an EP3 one and another for a different model but if someone could confirm for me that'll be sweet

There is only 1 standard of EP3 airbox/intake. Unless you've an aftermarket intake manifold it should fit if it's the correct part.

V2's also fit very well in these:

He asked about the AEM V2 mate, the one for the ep3 is the short ram one, best price I found was on eightspeed

There is the V1 also, but they did make the V2 for other cars too such as Mitsubishi eclipse

Last edited by a moderator:
He asked about the AEM V2 mate, the one for the ep3 is the short ram one, best price I found was on eightspeed

He did, which is why I confirmed to him that there is only one style of fitment for the EP3. So if it doesn't fit, it's not an EP3 one.

It will suffer from heatsoak, but will sound immense it depends on why you want one?
I currently run an intake very similar just for a bit of noise (and you do really notice how hot the pipework gets in that position) whilst I save for the tegiwa carbon fibre intake

@ jimbodeeni just want one for a bit of noise like yourself, currently looking at a couple of K&N Typhoons on ebay as the AEM V2 I have don't fit, seems I have one for a different car

can you post a pic of your v2? in the engine bay if possible

The V2 will probably achieve the most performance wise for an open cone set up but if you have the money go for the tegiwa intake as these sound lovely too, then if you plan to remap in the future you will get the most out of it.

The V2 at least curves towards the wheel arch a bit and a little further away from the manifold compared to the k&N.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIV...136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c53ae50b0

This is basically a really cheap rip off of the V2 (without the dual chamber), put a slightly better filter on the end and this would be a good temp solution until you can afford something much better

The V1 is the best bang for your buck. You get the cool noise AND the performance gains. I ran a v1 for 90k miles when o had mine, loved it.

Here are some pics, the filter itself is on as far as it will go but rubs on the metal support for the original airbox. Is it just a case of getting a smaller filter maybe? Sorry I am new to the whole modding of cars thing

It's touching the gear linkages too. You're lucky you can still change gear.

Maybe it has had a replacement filter element that isn't the right size? Your element looks done too by the looks of it. I wouldn't be trusting that to filter the air properly.

Back