• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

AEM V2 vs. K&N Typhoon

Since my insurance company seem intent on skinning me alive if I get a new zorst, but they're not so bothered about an induction kit I figured I'd go down that route for now.

I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash - around £150. So I've narrowed my choices down to either a K&N Typhoon (brand new) or a secondhand AEM V2. Please no other suggestions like a V1 or Gruppe M, like I said I've made my choices and I'd just like to know what would be the better option.

I know people will probably say the V2 is the better kit, but I have yet to learn the reason why. All these induction kits that sit under the bonnet seem to be thought of in much the same way.

Thoughts please.

Yeah the V2's filtercharger is practically in the passenger wheelarch whereas the Typhoon's is beside the manifold... doh!

I was under the impression that the AEM V2 has a filter cone which sits in the engine bay like the Blitz - the V1 being the wheel arch dweller. :?

Scousefella said:
I was under the impression that the AEM V2 has a filter cone which sits in the engine bay like the Blitz - the V1 being the wheel arch dweller. :?

so was I :lol:

5686332e.jpg

V2 as fitted, i beleive that the pipe is twisted on the V2 pointing the filter away from the engine toward the wheel arch, but is straight on the Typhoon.

AC 8)

Yup. If the V2's fitted and you remove your passenger wheel - peekaboo - it's the filtercharger! there he is. Definitely a colder supply of air than the typhoon.

conoroneill said:
Yup. If the V2's fitted and you remove your passenger wheel - peekaboo - it's the filtercharger! there he is. Definitely a colder supply of air than the typhoon.

nah thats the CAI - cold air induction which is often referred to as the V1 but its not :lol:

Give me strength...

The CAI's filtercharger sits behind the bumper, not the wheelarch.

The V2's induction pipe directs the filtercharger towards the passenger wheelarch so much so that you can see it right in front of you when you remove the passenger wheel.

Back