• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aem water/methanol

Anyone had any experience with this? Thinking of adding it to my Jrsc'd ep3.

At the moment it's got an aftercooler to go in to reduce the temps but I'm just wondering if the water methanol is any good?

I'm getting my rotrex supercharger stage2 intercooled fitted in a few months time and will be getting it tuned with aquamist stage 3 water/methanol race progressive kit just to be on the safe side of things as it will be boosting at 14psi. It takes a lot of the heat away from the intake charge, suppresses detonation and it's an octane booster so you can tune it on 95 octane fuel but when on a specified boost level it's like running on race fuel, but I'll be tuning mine on shell v-power 99oct. for more power gain!
Will get it to be controlled by k-pro and will add Wideband to it too!!

Vteker did you buy this aquamist kit ? Obviously running a jrsc on a ep3 manifold I'm not running any cooling other than a decent intake kit. And who mapped the car for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh really? It's one of the cheaper kits but I don't need to run up to a 160 psi or whatever the aqua mist runs lol have you got a link to his user profile bah?

aa253069780b0d38be5b6e05159791e6.jpg

28cba198ac05c8be25e9c77434ab001a.jpg

Did you install a fail safe? What were you gains, any problems getting methanol, what's your usage like, how much boost mods ect ect ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Usage isn't a lot as I switch maps on the fly via Nitrous setting on kpro. So I don't use it constantly.
The system has various error detection settings - low fluid, open circuit on wiring
You can purchase AEM failsafe software and sensor which I will be doing shortly.
I'm in Glasgow and can get methanol no problems. Depends where you are

Also you can adjust the progressive spray depending on boost.
I'm starting 3psi to 10 psi.
Reaching 100% at 10 psi obviously

I'm in Colchester buddy, I want to up the boost to 10psi what I believe that's all the Jrsc can run safe. I'm not really interested in switching it on or off I guess unless you can just be put on a switch, what were your gains?

I'm running 12 psi on my jackson. Pulled 361bhp.
Gains were 10% torque mid range with 10 bhp up top. So not significant but a much healthier safer temp. Especially with the heat generated.
I would have seen a massive difference if the methanol was all I was using to cool the temps but I have a stage2 cooler also

Mmmmmn

Just running
Toda manifold
Soon to be 3" cat back
Tegiwa m intake
More boost hopefully soon just need cooling before boost is up'd

Vteker did you buy this aquamist kit ? Obviously running a jrsc on a ep3 manifold I'm not running any cooling other than a decent intake kit. And who mapped the car for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never got round to fitting the kit as I changed my plans to charge my EP3. Instead I will fit it to my JDM K20 FD3. TTS will map the meth kit. Check the pictures if it helps!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429758338.471807.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429758417.557640.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429758460.571905.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429758502.579523.jpg

Hi there

We've run on Subaru WMI(water Methanol Injection),we've run AEM WMI kit which has been very easy to fit and you should be able to fit this very easy and power gains 15bhp which is lot less than we are expected,when we are run only methanol in tank(15-20%) we are gained extra 40bhp

WMI is not for making more power(but yes you will make bit more power on the top),is more for cooling the IAT/ACT(Air Charge Temperature) and bit more power,we are tried several settings of injection or we are tried several other mixtures(60% meth and 40% of water or 50/50 etc),gains has been still same around 15bhp,but agree our ACT dropped on drag strip to low 35C during the very hot weather(without the WMI our ACT has been at 60C)

If you are looking to making more power then I would highly recommend to run meth in tank(15-20%) and make two maps one for normal and one for meth fuel,gains are much bigger on supercharged or turbo cars,we are made on V-power 352bhp and on Meth we are made 382bhp

Fail safe you shouldn't need,but depends on the yours feel and what you want,just don't expect this will make running WMI safer,depends on what nozzle you want to run,but we are run bigger and smaller and we are gained exactly same on our WMI around 15bhp,but with lower ACT/IAT temps

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Back