• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

After market alloys seem to be causing problems

Evening all,

Brought my EP3 mid December 2009. It had a set of oz racing alloys on it - 18".
Nice looking things but the car just isn't right.
For starters the ride is very hard (I expect that as they are 235/35), my steering wheel also nudges to the left when driving... not alot all but surely it shouldn't be doing it?

I also get this droning noise when i go above 40 mph, from the back of the car. it isn't loud but i think it must be the alloys casuing it. like the alloys do not fit correctly or something.

i've had them balanced, every alloy in fact because the car was shaking at high speeds and the garage didn't mention anything. They has now went away at least.

i guess my question is do after market alloys cause long term issues to your wheel bearings, suspension & track rod ends?

The is going in to the garage this friday and i am expecting some bad news really. could be wrong though..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like the wheel alignment is out, hence the slight pulling.

And id say the drowning noise you are hearing is a rear tyre going out of shape.

Back