• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

After wax washing..

Right guys so I spent an arm and a leg on cleanyourcar.co.uk and today due to the nice weather I'm going to undertake a pretty hefty wash on the EP3!

The plan is to wash, dry, clay, glaze, wax, my question is though, whats the best way to wash it in weeks to come? Just wash and dry until the wax needs reapplying? or is there some stuff I can use to bring out the shine?

While on the subject, how long does a decent wax usually last? I bought http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-light-fantastic/prod_400.html and I'm eager to use it! :)

Thanks!

Iv still got waxes I bought a couple of years back, as long as there kept dry and not in really cold conditions then think the last a while, one of my mate's is in to it all big time and keeps all his in a fridge =\ don't quite know why tbh *** haha

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Right guys so I spent an arm and a leg on cleanyourcar.co.uk and today due to the nice weather I'm going to undertake a pretty hefty wash on the EP3!

The plan is to wash, dry, clay, glaze, wax, my question is though, whats the best way to wash it in weeks to come? Just wash and dry until the wax needs reapplying? or is there some stuff I can use to bring out the shine?

While on the subject, how long does a decent wax usually last? I bought http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-light-fantastic/prod_400.html and I'm eager to use it! :)

Thanks!

The wax you bought is quite a good one so I would say at least a month between coats at the moment, two when the weather isn't too harsh.
As for shine you need to get a good polish on before the wax that is what will give your paintwork a good shine and the wax will protect it from the weather and road dirt, then just wash as normal every week with a good car shampoo, you can even use snow foam if you have a pressure washer and lance.

I forgot to mention if you are clay baring the car today you should give it a quick wash again after the clay to get any clay residue off, its not necessary but I think if your going to all that trouble might as well do it properly.

I bought poor boys white diamond glaze as I read it can act as a polish too, so I'll be applying that before the wax.

Thanks for the clarification about washing it in weeks to come, could I throw a quick detailed on it as well?
I've just finished claying as I write this, I'll give it a rinse if my towels dry!

I'm on my phone so I apologize for bad grammar etc aha

Quick detail is fine but I wouldn't substitute that for a wash as any dirt that is on your paintwork will be rubbed in to it possibly maring or scratching the paintwork.
Quick wash then quick detail spray of you want.
Windows are fine to quick detail anytime though.

I have never used a glaze but if it's poor boys, good choice great brand, and they say it can be used like a polish sounds fine to me.

Pics when finished.

'Mid-week' wash as I like to call it is a simple 2bucket wash and without drying it first I use the Autoglym Aqua Wax, spray it straight on and dry it while buffing it off. Its dead simple and leaves the paintwork gleaming. After you've spent a whole day cleaning it at the weekend this stuff is great for restoring the shine back after a few trips down the motorway. I was sceptical at first but a friend said to try it out and I'm really glad I did.

Pics will be on my thread (see sig!) It turned in to a dull day weather wise so pics are a bit ****, took me 6 hours all in all.. christ.

Yeah I had planned to do a wash/dry/quick detail or I might try the Autoglym Diles suggested.

I'm made up with how it looks after all my hard work, I think it's one of those where you have to be there to appreciate it haha, i'll get the pics uploaded now though :)

thanks for the advice guys :)

Pics will be on my thread (see sig!) It turned in to a dull day weather wise so pics are a bit ****, took me 6 hours all in all.. christ.

Yeah I had planned to do a wash/dry/quick detail or I might try the Autoglym Diles suggested.

I'm made up with how it looks after all my hard work, I think it's one of those where you have to be there to appreciate it haha, i'll get the pics uploaded now though :)

thanks for the advice guys :)

Weathers been half decent down in southampton today :p

It's worth a go and I think it only cost £14. Used it twice now and it proves a purpose for a quick clean, i have the nighthawk black colour so its not long before it looks dirty again. Smells nice too and the great thing is you can put it on glass & plastic so don't have to worry about over spray. I spent a few hours out there myself today but I only done a wash, glaze and sealant this time.

I definitely agree its great at the end of the day when it's all done, my neighbours think I'm mad cleaning it all the time especially when I take a few pics on my phone lol

haha mine too mate! I have seen them looking out their windows watching me do it and coming out to comment on how it's too cold at the moment to be cleaning cars! Which, to be honest, I agree with aha. I can't feel my hands after its been washed.

I'll have a look into it mate and see if it's had any rave reviews over on detailingworld. Thanks!

When you have waxed your car leave it 24 hours and then apply some tropical mist sealer that really gives it that final showroom shinne finish! And also helps the wax last longer.

Bit a bump but I just bought some Dojo juice red mist tropical and after all the reviews I've read of it I'm excited to try it!
I've been reading more and more that sealants are best for silver cars with a wax to be added on top to protect the finish. Finally, I plan on adding the Dojo juice on top to give it a wet look! It will look the tits at Japfest ;)

Anyone have any experience with FK 1000p sealant?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back