• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aftermarket ECU for euro r CL7?

Its that time where I would like get my euro r remapped.

I currently have HKS induction kit (pipe and cone filter) and weapon r exhaust manifold and decat pipe (not fitted yet).

I wanted to find out if there is any aftermarket ecu's I can use so when I get the exhaust manifold and decat fitted to avoid doing any engine damage and I believe it will pull cel light on.

I have around £1k free and probably my max budget on this. Hopefully car will gain a few more horses with a remap and make good use of the modifications.

It's a K20 engine isn't it, the same as the DC5?

Surely then there should be the same Hondata system available

It's a K20 engine isn't it, the same as the DC5?

Surely then there should be the same Hondata system available

Yeah same engine as DC5 but apparently the wiring isn't. I had a quote for a hondata from a company but £1300 so with remap and maybe any labour needed it will be £2k max. Which is too much but know hondata is the best but that price tag is very off putting.

What about AEM?

Well not sure if true I spoke to same company where I asked about the hondata and they said AEM is an option but will not work without lots of wiring and labour would add up more then a hondata. I sort of find that hard to believe that they cannot get one done for less the £1300.

Feel really ripped off paying £1800-£2000 for an Ecu and remap.

Quick question they said...

"I can do the K-Pro with PRB ECU and the harness for $1485.00 shipped to the
UK"

Now that's a different management system to the DC5.

http://www.importparts.com/hondata-k-pro-iii/

a5yjyde4.jpg

Any risks? Don't want to receive this and have issues remapping plus want to make order right before paying them a large sum of money.

Here the harness as well:

http://www.importparts.com/k-tuned-dual-ecu-k-pro-harness-accord-cl7-03-07-edm-jdm-w-sensor-kit/

Basically you need a conversion harness as no Hondata product exists that suits your loom. The Kpro is a standalone ecu based on the oem item and with a few wiring changes can be made to run on most K series cars. The main thing is that your immobiliser will be gone so you will need to install an aftermarket one and notify your insurance.

Going to a genuine standalone ecu will be much more work as you will need a proprietary harness made - either way some functions may not work on the car if you have lcd dash etc. Personally I would make sure the gains justify the cost before doing any of this.

Nice.

TDi-North if you are up that way.

Eurospec if you are down south.

TDi-north then. :lol:

To be honest I've known people travel the length of the country to both of them, so it'll come down to personal preference.

I've used TDi-north but not Eurospec, but they are only half an hour away.

Big thank you to Ed for the link and a massive thank you to Joel at driven for hooking me with the Ecu.

I have fitted it now and thanks to Joel who slapped a base map on it, it now drives more aggressively to Vtec and puts a huge smile on my face.

Friends in Leicester have told me to get car mapped at EuroSpec so hopefully soon see how many horses it has increased and better yet fine tune it to run smoother and harder.

Back