• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aftermarket speakers - Anyone else have trouble getting the doorcards back on?

I fitted one of my 6.5" comps today with the Vectra spacers and the doorcard seems reluctant to go back on. I can't really see why, but I have had them off the car before and haven't had this much trouble.

Can anyone help me?

Do I actually have to cut the doorcard?

EDIT: I've had another attempt. I'm able to get the doorcard fitted on top over the locking pin and i have it lined up along the window. but the card won't go flush against the door at the bottom. It looks like the problem is that with the speaker coming out with the spacer nowit's actually hitting the sides of the enclosure for the speaker in the doorcard as it slopes to the grill. Anyone having used Vectra spacers must have experienced the same problem, so there must be a solution.

Haha I just reliased there was a wiring loom attached to a metal bracket that I mounted the wrong way around. That was causing the problem. I am a doughnut!
wootle2.gif

You know you have to cut the surround of the speaker grills on the back of the door cards? :confused:

Cheers, Shelton.

IN the doorcard is the speaker grill, when you fit aftermarket speakers on spacers that puts the speakers half an inch out, if you look at the back of the speaker grill it has an lip tha goes around it, if you CAREFULLY remove this with a stanley knife then the cards fit back flush properly...

Cheers, Shelton.

No worries, sounds difficult but once you take the card back off you'll see what I mean, it just runs around the edge of the inside of the speaker grill following the contours, you just need to trim it down, you don't need to completely remove it right flush either.....

Cheers Shelton.

Hehe thanks Sheldon.

Tbh with fitting a facelift interior and a headunit, amps and sub in the past month-or-so I've grown well used to things sounding difficult and not being that way. Although I've also come across the situations that I think will be simple but turn out to be a pain in the arse lol.

No big deal taking the card off again as I haven't screwed all the fixing back yet anyway.

check your windows go down......the basket of the speakers i put in my doors was so big the glass hit it

No problems now, everything's working great! I took off most of the lip like you said Sheldon and that worked well.

No problems with the windows coming down as I have used them quite a few times this past 2-3 days :)

Back