• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Aftermarket Throttle Body

Hi Guys!

I've done some searching but found squat!

Whos running them and is there a clear winner as too which brand pumps out the power?

I've read about Spoon & Toyko Express 70mm

Not fussed on price, just performance.

Cheers
BRENT

EZY PEEL said:
Hi Guys!

Whos running them and is there a clear winner as too which brand pumps out the power?

Cheers
BRENT

Don't bother unless your running mad cams and good intake, race header and catback. You only get fractional airflow increase and unless your running the setup I mention which relies on grabbing as much air as possible it wont make any gains.

If you have then you can look about 2-5bhp at max power. :wink:

tp said:
EZY PEEL said:
Hi Guys!

Cheers
BRENT

Don't bother unless your running mad cams and good intake, race header and catback. You only get fractional airflow increase and unless your running the setup I mention which relies on grabbing as much air as possible it wont make any gains.

Tp, how does the Toda TB compare? I looked at their website the other day and it looks like they have a new one on the market :D

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
tp said:
EZY PEEL said:
Hi Guys!

Cheers
BRENT

Tp, how does the Toda TB compare? I looked at their website the other day and it looks like they have a new one on the market :D

- Kevin.

Will let you know tomorrow after its fitted and setup.
Toda are quoting 2-5bhp. :? ....So I dunno.

What Im going to do is fit it then map to it so I will find out exactly where its making power as to where it starts going lean and I need to add more fuel. :twisted:
My map at the moment is bob on 13-13.2 so we will see. 8)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What can I say!

I added 3% more fuel from 5000-8500rpm.
There seems to be a bit more pull midrange now. Hard to say just how much it has made as it hasnt been back on the dyno but because I needed to add more fuel means its making more power. :wink:

Note: This is gains over a standard TB as I removed my Spoon one a while ago and reverted back to standard whilst waiting for this beasty.

For the difference between the Toda and Spoon TB's, that is hard to say but for the extra £50 you will pay for the Toda one I would rather pay that for the name as you know and can trust their products to do the job.

Tp, the list of mods on your ride are super impressive!!!!

From talking to people off this forum, I need to put togethrt a list of the mods that have been done (exact exhause set-up etc) and seek advise from there.

The inlet manifold doesn't look factory but doesn't have a label on it either. There is heaps of gold coloured earth leads everywhere which don't have a brand either so be prepared for some "what brand is this" post soon. :)

Thanks all for your inputs.

BRENT

I've got a Tokyo Express one on my car. It's just like the Spoon one, an OEM TB which has being tappered, 70mm > 64mm.

Note that fitting a PRC inletmanifold should push the power band higher, so it's pretty obvious that the TB gives good midrange gains (upto 8wbhp midrange for me), although peak gains are minimal.

See here:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5094

The Spoon T/B has just been changed and Improved

we are testing at the moment, Will come back with results

Ant

HASNIC tells me there is a product that runs ITB's within a compartment ie is shielded from heat.

Anyone got any info on it?

MilanoChris said:
HASNIC tells me there is a product that runs ITB's within a compartment ie is shielded from heat.

From Spoon, no

There are such products avaliable though, I think jenvey (spelling) do this

MilanoChris said:

It's the IPS intake manifold, its not really ITB's as it uses a large throttle body on the intake of the plenum but does have very long individual runners and the plenum is pretty large keeping a good reserve of air and has been shown to make more power than equivalent ITB's Chris.

It's still in development but if you look on K20A.org there are pics of a custom set-up on on of their drag cars using the IPS intake mani :wink:

HASNIC said:
MilanoChris said:

It's the IPS intake manifold, its not really ITB's as it uses a large throttle body on the intake of the plenum but does have very long individual runners and the plenum is pretty large keeping a good reserve of air and has been shown to make more power than equivalent ITB's Chris.

It's still in development but if you look on K20A.org there are pics of a custom set-up on on of their drag cars using the IPS intake mani :wink:

iirc that was a one off.

Andy

Back