• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air con or no Air con???

There have only been about 5 days in this year where I thought to myself aircon would be nice. The other 360 days of the year I haven't even thought twice.

Even on those 5 or so days, its only a problem for the first couple of minutes until you get the car moving. After that the cool breeze from the windows and vents are enough to keep you from sweating your balls off.

Depends what you use your car for and the length of journeys you tend to do, but for me aircon would just be additional wieght to lug about the majority of the time. After seeing the amount of crap included in the aircon fitting kit which somebody posted on here or CTRO a while back, I decided it just isn't worth it.
And for you guys who say it keeps the windows from steaming up in the winter, well, isn't that what the heater is for?! Seems to demist in a matter of seconds...

There have only been about 5 days in this year where I thought to myself aircon would be nice. The other 360 days of the year I haven't even thought twice.

Even on those 5 or so days, its only a problem for the first couple of minutes until you get the car moving. After that the cool breeze from the windows and vents are enough to keep you from sweating your balls off.

Depends what you use your car for and the length of journeys you tend to do, but for me aircon would just be additional wieght to lug about the majority of the time. After seeing the amount of crap included in the aircon fitting kit which somebody posted on here or CTRO a while back, I decided it just isn't worth it.
And for you guys who say it keeps the windows from steaming up in the winter, well, isn't that what the heater is for?! Seems to demist in a matter of seconds...

Plus its another belt for the engine to power.

When I was modding my old MR2 Turbo (10k spent doing it), I was advised to remove the aircon due to the extra power drain, weight and added engine bay heat.

When I was modding my old MR2 Turbo (10k spent doing it), I was advised to remove the aircon due to the extra power drain, weight and added engine bay heat.

Yeah thats standard if your building a track slag or going proper hardcore.

In the real world though the drain/weight negeatives you will get a on a CTR wont come close to the plus' associated with AC.

Plus its another belt for the engine to power.

No it's not, it uses the auxiliary belt thats already there.

Yeah thats standard if your building a track slag or going proper hardcore.

In the real world though the drain/weight negeatives you will get a on a CTR wont come close to the plus' associated with AC.

When it comes to getting the most performance wise out of your car, every little helps.

Like you say, having the ai con removed could help win you a quater mile ;)

Like you say, having the ai con removed could help win you a quater mile ;)

On the one occasion I was at Santa Pod last year, there is no way removing the AC would have helped me.

Practising my launch would have though :lol: .

Back