• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air Con Pipe and Front Strut Brace

Been looking at getting myself a Js Racing Brace or Tegiwa, can't really see a difference between two if I am honest! Also debating a Engine Torque Damper but they aren't cheap...

Looking around the net, the air con pipe can be set up in two ways, which is better?
Over:
SS1WB9Ml.jpg

Between:
VoCJtj1l.jpg

Going over the brace seems to put less pressure on the pipe as well as not pushing the pipe onto the rocker cover.

Looking to buy a brace soon, topping up the oil today and was wondering about this exact same issue.
Came indoors and you've posted this.....nice coincidence.

Thanks for posting.

A point of note - Do not get the Tegiwa.

I did and it needed modifying to fit around the Air con pipe.

J's generally fit without an issue.

Thats the one i was going to buy, how extensive were the mods?

I didn't take a picture but will see if i can dig one out.

There is a piece where the air con hooks in and it's secured along the scuttle i think. You couldn't fix it back in place in either of the two places so essentially left it loose (especially along the scuttle). About a cm and a half square needed to be cut/filed away from the Tegiwa bracket to make it all fit. Even then it was tight.

I had this done at a known garage (won't say where) and many words were said about it being a sh!t fit.

I've recently bought the js brace and torque damper and I put the air con pipe under the brace. Doesn't touch the rocker

I'm not sure what's advisable mate but that seemed the best way with least pressure on pipe when I installed it.
i got the js torque damper too. Got them both from sumo power.. I think they're in the sale now if you still want them :)

Back