• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air Con

I apologise if this in the wrong place to post mods but I can't of any other place to put it.
I'm on the hunt for an EP3 Premier in NHB with air con and was wondering if I found one without it, is it worth putting it in? What sort of price would I be looikng at? Is it possible to fit myself?
I'm looking at getting the car in the next couple of months and just thought this might open my options up a bit as regards finding one?!
Cheers in advance for any help,
Scott

I would find one with it fitted tbh, it is costly to do yourself - there is a wanted section on the forum but you need to be a member for a little longer to be able to post in there.

Cheers Dotty. Obviously I'd try and get the price of supply & fitting off the list price of the car but I could be a lot of faffing getting it fitted and such?!
Cheers again fella :)

It is over £1k fitted from Honda, a guy on here fitted it himself, I can not find the thread at the moment due to the search function being disabled for the time being.

I would invest in one with it fitted already for sure :)

:eek:

RickHondaR said:
CTR Aircon dilemma and questions

I have been thinking of buying Aircon to fit to my CTR, I found a few sellers who said they have everything required but im not 100% sure.

This kit seems to go for any thing between £100 - £500 and costs new about £800 form Honda.

Parts I know you 100% require are as follows

1. Aircon radiator
2. Aircon pump and mounting bracket and bolts
3. pump belt
4. all hoses and clips
5. a aircon radiator inside the heater box and also a probe
6. different heater buttons in the dash
7. relays for the fuse box under the bonnet
8. dryer / receiver unit, spoke to neighbour who works at Honda and when he was at work he got me some info, now this part once used cannot be reused once the Aircon system has been exposed to fresh air as it collects moisture and then the Aircon doesn’t get cold. This costs approx £150+vat for a new unit

Now I also suspect a few more parts or wiring comes with the genuine Honda kit so can anyone else shed any light on any more parts etc?

RickHondaR said:
I have fitted my aircon today I bought the kit brand new from Holdcroft Honda for £880, took in total about 5hours and imo inside the car was the hardest bit. If I was ever to do this again I would buy new 100% as now I know whats involved there are just to many risks with a 2nd hand kit unless you get it dirt cheap (about £150 and you can see all the bits below).

The Aircon Kit
DSCF0330.jpg

Now Fitted
DSCF0340.jpg

Before I fitted the Aircon
DSCF0098.jpg

i have a/c but never use it, i may in the summer if the fans are not cool enough. heat wise i dont think you need it.

Yeah it's not really worth the hassle, defo find one with. I had an EP3 without AC....... steamy greenhouse. :eek:

One thing with AC is most people don't even know what it's for or how to use it.

i have had it in all my cars but honestly hardly touch it, other then when its very hot as blowers tend to not be too cool! :)

I think wether you use air con or not its better to buy with from a resale point of view, non aircon models are harder to shift.

In my eyes AC is just extra unwanted weight, I have no issues with the standard blowers, start the car 5 mins before I go to work in the morning so up to temp when I jump in. And how many days do we get in the summer were its needed, put the window down, same job :)

when its 25 degrees c i will be thinking of you in my cool car lol. :) out of curiosity how much does all the a/c weigh?

Interesting points fellas. Hmmmm seems like quite a bit of work putting it in TBH. Thought it might be pretty straightforward?! Me having limited motor mechanical experience might be a hinderance also?! Finding it difficult to find a NHB Prem with it though :( ah well the right one will come along soon enough?! The best things come to those who wait.........so they say :(

And how many days do we get in the summer were its needed, put the window down, same job :)

Nope, putting the down the windows does not 'Condition' the air. Cooling is only part what what 'Air-Conditioning' does.

Nope, putting the down the windows does not 'Condition' the air. Cooling is only part what what 'Air-Conditioning' does.

I appreciate what you're saying, but what is wrong unconditioned air? Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate what you're saying, but what is wrong unconditioned air? Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

As far as i can make out the AC not only cools the air but drys it too, so less moisture in the air helps to get rid of steamed windows quicker instead of essentially 'adding' moisture IIRC. I'm sure Neily will elaborate & correct me on this though?!

As far as i can make out the AC not only cools the air but drys it too, so less moisture in the air helps to get rid of steamed windows quicker instead of essentially 'adding' moisture IIRC. I'm sure Neily will elaborate & correct me on this though?!

I am sure he will!

Back