• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air conditioning issue

Hi all
I have a '02 CTR and the a/c has stopped working, it has now been regassed twice the last time was a month ago, I read somewhere the pipes can corrode on older motors and thought this could be the issue, any ideas welcomed, I am also looking for a type R owners manual.
Cheers

What did they say when they filled it the second time? Had it lost gas?

The seals on the pipe work and condenser can be the cause of a leak. Hopefully the second time they filled it they put some dye in with the gas. This will show where your leak is, otherwise it's guesswork.

Ebay is probably your best bet for a manual.

I'm on my third ep3 now and my current and last one had ac issues. Both times it was the pipe that runs under the condenser that had corroded. But Loxy is right, they should have put leak dye in so that the leak can be detected.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for advice, MOT this Thursday so I will get the garage to check to see if the dye has leaked out (UV?) also fingers crossed it passes.

Back