• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air filter dirty !!!!!!

Here’s what happens when you don’t clean your cold air induction kit filter as I found out today when messing around with the car…

Nasty eh?!!!

I don’t know how long It’s been on the car for but I think I will bin it and get a new one, I know their supposed to be washable but this is taking the **** !!! ;)

Attachments

• CIMG1553.JPG
    CIMG1553.JPG
    670.3 KB · Views: 59
It's an open air filter placed inside the wheel air and that's what you've got to expect.

How long are the cleaning intervals?

I reckon mine has been on for about 10-12,000 miles now. Should I be cleaning it around now?

It's the dry-flo one not the pre-oiled one.

Hi, looking at the honda servicing guide, it says replace the filter every 30,000 miles or every 2 years, i suppose if it's an aftermarket filter i'd do every 15,000, if it's not to dirty to clean that is, having said that alot of the owners on here love their cars and may do it sooner.

Back