• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air filter element advice

I have an ITG foam drop in filter inside the oem air box on my EP3.
Iam wanting to give this a clean and want some advice. Should I just give it a wash through in soapy water,dry and put back or do I really need to use some of the k&n (or similar) oil spray as well?
If I need to use the spray,any advice on the best one for small outlay.
Iam unsure whether to clean this one or just buy an oem paper element from Honda for £20 as the outlay is going to be similar if I have to buy sprays.

Soak it in hot soapy water, run it under the hot tap until no more crap comes out of it, then rinse it throughly under the cold tap....then squeeze it out and give it the windmill treatment outside to get most of the moisture out of it...then leave it on a warm radiator or in the airing cupboard overnight. Don't have to worry about the oil, I never did with my Maxogen filter.

Soak it in hot soapy water, run it under the hot tap until no more crap comes out of it, then rinse it throughly under the cold tap....then squeeze it out and give it the windmill treatment outside to get most of the moisture out of it...then leave it on a warm radiator or in the airing cupboard overnight. Don't have to worry about the oil, I never did with my Maxogen filter.
Thanks mate.That's what I wanted to hear really.
If I had to start buying oil then I might as well buy a new filter

i seen somewhere it's better to use warm water instead of hot water as the temperature could damage the glue between the layers and edge etc...

I've changed my filter for a inJen cai so I have a itg filter for the standard air box its only done a couple thousand miles max so is like new still I could let you have it for next to nothing if your ever around the south west?

Back