• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Air induction noise

Evening ladies and gents! Just a quick question the induction whine in my ep3 is not as loud a s once was is this a sign of a fault or anything?

Let's get the stupid questions out of the way first. Are you sure you haven't merely gotten used to it?

Also, what sort of induction kit do you have?

Haha thanks for quick replys guys! I'm sure it's not just in my head (well did until got that convinced I drove everywhere today with no Music) it's just the OEM air filter, I'm sure it was changed last service (jan2011)

Cheers pal, so is it just a case of opening casing (presume it's just clips) removing filter and cleaning?

Yeah, I'm not certain if the air box on an ep3 is clips or screws, I know my dc2 is screws but regardless, it's a 2 minute job :)

I bet you're just used to it and the filter is clean. What you need is a Gruppe M in your life.

Back