• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

air intake

Hi I'm new to this site so if I'm in the wrong area I do apologise

I recently got a type r gt and noticed under the pipe leading from air box to manifold I had a huge hole under it and I am unsure if I should have a pipe from it going somewhere.
I can see where it should go if it ment to be there so can any one help before I go ranting at the stealers!!!

Many thanks James

Have you got any pics of what you mean?

This is what the pipe looks like:

B__0102.jpg

Two pipes at the bottom end near the throttle body.

I took a pic yesterday but struggling to upload from phone on to here but the bit I mean is on the box where the filter sits the hole under the lip where the lid goes, look on your pic you uploaded mate and hopefully you can see what I mean. Thanks for quick reply bud

Where the arrow B-1-7 is going to?

That should be attached to this:

B__0107.jpg

where the B-1-2 arrow is pointing.

Aye that's just sucking hot air from your engine bay into the airbox then.

It will have had an aftermarket intake on it at some point and it's not been put back properly. There should be a pipe going from that to a resonator box that sits in front of the wheel arch liner.

Undoubtedly. Your intake temps will be a lot higher than they should be, so the ECU will be pulling ignition to suit.

Will be better of keeping it standard or just get a k&n with cold intake on it, but will the fuel be worse than I get now without this pipe or be better as it not in theory telling ecu the things you just mentioned mate

I can see where it should go if it ment to be there so can any one help before I go ranting at the stealers!!!

Just go and get the pipe from the dealers if they'll give it to you for nothing. Then put a K&N panel filter in it.

Better option would indeed to put a bit of flexi piping from there down to the wheel arch or the lower front grille. :smt023

Yh dealers getting parts n fitting then, I got price from dealer 225 for the bit in arch and for pipe from filter to arch and plus vat aswell. I weren't paying for it!!

Back