• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alarm advice

Alright people,

Have had an issue come up with the alarm on my type r.

On thursday night i parked my car up like normal and locked the car with the alarm fob like always. Then at half 2 friday morning i was woken up to the sound of my car alarm. Got up and went out to check the car and turn the alarm off. Checked all the doors and windows were shut and closed properly and went back to the comfort of my bed.

Went to work on friday and the alarm decided to go off on two seperate occassions during the day. So i left work early and took a trip to my local Honda dealer to see if they could look into it for me.

The guys that dealt with me were helpful and explained that the company who made the alarm for the car never gave them any diagnostics material for them to use to check for errors. So they explained that they could take the car but they could have it for days and not actually find the problem and charge me £150 onwards just for that. So they said its not the best case scenario for me or them as no-one would be any wiser as to the issue with the alarm. The service guy who was dealing with the car made a few phone calls and gave me some advice on a way for me to diagnose the issue and be able to lock the car without arming the alarm, at least i would be able to get a good nights sleep that way!!

They advised that they think its the ultrasonics that are causing the issue and this could be down to the main board located under the passenger seat. If thats the case then i have a feeling that this could end up being an expensive problem.

So after visiting the dealers i came on here and searched the forum for any posts relating to alarm issues. Quite a few posts came up and several had similar stories as mine - alarm sounding for no reason etc.

While at Honda they pulled up some details about PCB issues and this came up on several of the posts on here as well.

After doing some reading and taking on board what the guys at Honda said im wondering if it will be a better option to look into getting another alarm installed and the faulty one being removed (could work out as a better option depending on the costs honda quote).

I am currently waiting for the alarm to go off to carry out the sequence i have been told to find the cause of the problem. So while im waiting i thought i would ask you people for advice on the issue and if anyone can recommend any decent alarms out there that i should look at as a replacement for the factory fitted honda one.

Cheers

Rixy

Mine started doing the same not long after i got it, it would go off at ramdom times for no reason, i took my car back to honda under warranty, don't know what they did but whatever they did its been fine ever since and thats 5 years on now. :D. I know its not a helpful reply but thought i'd let you know your not the only one with the problem.

Back