• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alarm fob battery

Hi All

my alarm fob battery is dying and was wondering where is the best and cheapest place to get replacement batteries for them?

Mine is a preface lift '52 plate 2002 ctr and its the alarm fob with one button raised, and the other button indented.

thank you for the help in advance

Gary

cr2025...according to the back of my fob anyways :lol:

just looking at some old post on here and ctro.

do i need 9V 10A type ??

can anyone confirm/ deny ??

GaryMan said:

do i need 9V 10A type ??

I'm pretty sure thats correct as yours is a pre-03 so will have the H&P alarm (sensors in the A pillar) and not the honda one which uses a CR2025 as Al said. :wink:

Neily03 said:
GaryMan said:

do i need 9V 10A type ??

I'm pretty sure thats correct as yours is a pre-03 so will have the H&P alarm (sensors in the A pillar) and not the honda one which uses a CR2025 as Al said. :wink:

Yeah, mines a pre-03 with the sensor in the A pillar and as you said, i think its the original H&P alarm

Dazza said:
Usually you can get these from camera shops.

:oops: :oops:
I thought most alarm fob batteries were the thin round ones, didn't realise they were that type.
:oops: #-o

Damn it. It's only been 9 months and the battery is going flat again! Any problems with yours, Gary?

Just bought 3 from Battery-Force website (Composite Guru's link above) for £3.06 delivered. Hopefully these should last a bit longer. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, mine is still going fine.

However, i'm still using the original battery :eek: :lol:

Havent got round to changing them over yet!! :oops:

Need to do them soon though as there are times when i get into the car and as soon as i turn on the engine, the alarm would go off :confused:

Back