• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alarm fob not programming.

Hello, I left my 2004 ep3 for a week whilst I was away, car won't unlock with the fob now. The vehicle battery wasn't really low (enough to start ok) and the car unlocks with the key but the alarm goes off.

I entered the key programming procedure which was easy enough to find on the net, the locks make the lock-unlock noises as if they are working, but still do not operate.
Key fob batteries ok enough to work in programming mode so can assume they would work (and did before sitting a week anyway) so I'm a little stumped.

Had a google and keyless entry module popped up a couple of times. Not sure if the dip in battery voltage would of been enough to have killed it off.

Advice e great fully received.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Removed the keyless module and took it apart, must of disturbed something as when I fitted it back on its holding programme. Must be a dodgy solder or something else on the circuit. Ordered another as it'll probably happen again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back