• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alarm Replacement

I'm sure this info is around the site somewhere but just thought I'd share what info I got from Hamilton & Palmer when enquiring how much it would cost to replace the faulty alarm system in my 02 CTR.

My alarm has gone the way of the dodo so I went straight to H&P to get some prices on replacing it myself and cutting the dealer out as it's pretty simple to replace, anyway this is what they sent back to me.

The cost of a replacement control board is as follows:

CAT1 T2 control board incl 1 handset - £120.00 + vat = £141.00
Delivery - £14.50 + vat = £17.04
Total for supply = £157.04

If your require H&P to change the board, this can also be arranged. The cost for fitting is cost of board as above + fitting charges as follows:
To attend your premises (must have available off-road parking for your vehicle & our Feista van with no parking charges) - £50 + vat = £58.75, total payable £199.75 incl vat.
If you bring your vehicle to our premises - £25.00 + vat = 29.38, total payable £170.38 incl vat.

Minimum 3 days notice required to book engineer.

The handset refurb kits are available at following costs:

Handset refurb kit - £5.00 + vat = £5.88 each including p&p
Handset refurb kit + battery - £7.50 + vat = £8.81 each including p&p

I cant remember the exact price of a new fob complete with the circuit board etc.. but it was around the £30 mark.

Payment by cheque or debit/credit card over the phone

Hamilton & Palmer Installations Ltd
F1 Chaucer Business Park
Watery Lane
Kemsing
Sevenoaks
Kent
TN15 6PL
Tel - 01732760022

Anyway, I hope this helps a few of you guys out and hopefully save you a few penny's along the way. Apologies if this is a repost. Brian.

Back