• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

alarm

Civic Type R 2002 EP3

Help

not started the car for 2 weeks as I have been away.
On return my car alarm goes off when I open doors etc and will only stop after resetting itself several times.
The alarm fob does not work and car will not start even with jump leads.
Is there a way to turn off or stop alarm?? it's bloody loud
Would a totally dead car battery cause it not to start and alarm set the immobiliser/alarm

Thanks

Des

I had a similar problem mate, its not good news unfortunately. Sounds like your key fob receiver has failed, this seems to be a common problem when the battery is allowed to run down. You will have to buy a new alarm receiver module from Honda, they are about £170 IIRC, dead easy to fit though, its a 5 minute job.

Have a look through this thread for more details. Try reprogramming the keyfobs like mentioned in that thread and see if that solves it. Good luck.

When I took mine to the dealers they said the remote entry receiver is faulty and needs to be changed. Part number is 38385-S7A-305 (this is a new part number, previously this part was known as 38385-S7A-G01)

Removed battery from key fob to replace and don't know which way round battery should go, no markings on case to show +/- Help plse

Thanks Funky will try later when i sort out battery

des

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed battery from key fob to replace and don't know which way round battery should go, no markings on case to show +/- Help plse

Thanks Funky will try later when i sort out battery

des

When you look at the key fob after taking the cover off, the positive should be facing you. There is a positive marking on the inside of the cover. When I said the battery running down I meant the car battery not the key fob battery.

In that case you have the Hamliton & Palmer alarm and everything I've said is irrelevant to you as my car has the Honda alarm. Sorry I cant help

Thanks Funky your help in trying to solve my problem is greatly appreciated.
Will post back what I find when I find it just in case it helps someone else.

Des

Ok it's sorted now.

Car battery was dead as said so fully charged and replaced fob battery.
Fitted car battery and indicators started to flash but no alarm, this was with car unlocked.
Locked the car with remote and indicators stayed on but did not flash.
Fob would not unlock car though.
Then while my son was getting the spare fob, about 5 min's the alarm chirped twice and indicators went out.
Tried the fob and all was working fine started car and it’s been fine since, (1 Day)
I guess the car battery was the problem and the alarm had to reset itself ???

Big thanks to Funky for taking the time to try and help

Dustydes

No worries mate, glad you got it sorted without having to spend big money on it.

Hi, guys, I was hoping you may be able to help me, as im having the same/similar problem...

My facelift ep3's battery died, and ive fitted a new one, but now the alarm goes off when ever i open the door (i can stop the noise by doing the turn ignition on, press lock button, turn off ignition x4 method) and car starts etc... But if i lock the car again i get the same problem with the alarm setting off when i open the door. Also the remote locking has also stopped working since the battery dying..

Have you got any ideas?

Cheers,
Keith

Back