• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Album art enabled head units

NickCTR

Moron
I have the Alpine IDA x305, apparently the TFT screen shows album art, but not for me, using a USB memory stick. Is album art when using Ipod only?

Also, when using MIX mode (shuffle) to play random songs from all albums, the same 6 or so albums are chosen, not the whole 20. Looks like the problem is, only ripped CDs are chosen, not my own collections made from favourite songs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nick!

With the Album art - you will need to explore the momory stick on the PC, im guessing your albums are in folders? If so look in the folder there should be a small .bmp (i think thats the format used) this icon is the album art pic, if its missing thats why there isnt a picute coming up on the screen.

You could always make an album art icon as long as you get the size and default name right. If you needed i can find out the name of the icon?

Thanks mate, but that's not the problem. After reading the HU manual that came with the CD (the paper version is useless), album art is only displayed when an Ipod is attached :(

Yeah that makes sense because the icon is saved on the ipod with the music. When do you want the album art to appear when you are using the memory stick???

The album art on the Alpines is only for iPod with the usb link and iPod adapter attached.

Yeah that makes sense because the icon is saved on the ipod with the music. When do you want the album art to appear when you are using the memory stick???

When the album is playing would have been nice, however it works with an Ipod basically.

Are you sure you have to have an iPod adapter as well Jermal?

Thinking bout getting the same headunit as you nick, does it come with a leas to attatch you ipod or do you have to buy that separately?

The HU has a lead that connects to the HU one end and has a USB connector at the other. It then has an ipod adapter with a USB male connection to connect to the USB lead from the HU. You can then charge you iPod with this lead, as well as accessing songs, playlists, etc. etc.

cant you just use itunes to embed the album art into the mp3's. i have done this to enable album art for using on my sony ericsson phones and ps3 and it works a treat.

No, to get iTunes to add album art, I have to register at the iTunes store, including adding a credit or debit card.

:evil:

i didnt pay to do mine, i done them myself manualy.
i just dragged and dropped my mp3 tracks into itunes then right clicked on the song/album and selected 'get info' - 'artwork'.
i got my album covers mostly from searching on play.com then copied pasted them into artwork in itunes.
it should work as using a usb connection with a memmory stick will transfer the same info that an ipod would i think.

Any idea if the X305 works with the new generation of iPod nano's Nick/Jermal?

It's not listed in the manual but I think the headunit was made before these were out.

It's the 4th Gen ones I'm on about:

ipodnano_hero20080909.jpg

My IDA x305 won't pick up my 4g Nano. I have bought an official Alpine Ipod cable, and have tried a friend's Ipod too (a 3rd gen). :(

Back