• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

All brakes binding- all calipers are fine

As the title suggests- all brakes binding after the engine has warmed up. I can undue one of the bleed screws and it instantly releases pressure and brakes are fine for a while. Calipers are all fine(2 new ones) and pins are clean and free.
Could there be an issue with the master cylinder not letting fluid back into the reservoir? Internals gone?
My thoughts are either servo or master cylinder. I am going with replacing the mc first. Car has done 135k and I think original fluid which is dark and will get flushed and replaced.
Any thoughts or tests welcomed please.
Is it a major pain to replace the mc from above?
Cheers.

20 year old fluid, who knows how viscous and full of crap that could be by now. Might not be flowing as it should or things are getting gunked up and not moving properly.

It’s not an expensive thing to try at least

20 year old fluid, who knows how viscous and full of crap that could be by now. Might not be flowing as it should or things are getting gunked up and not moving properly.

It’s not an expensive thing to try at least
Thanks, good point- worth a shot- open all nipples at once and use a pressure bleeder?

I would suspect the servo, a faulty diaphragm or air valve diaphragm ?
You may as well do both together and are one unit in the car.

Pinch the vacuum feeding the servo completely, it comes from the inlet manifold , SO THEN YOU'LL BE DRIVING WITH NO SERVO ASSISTANCE, Then drive again to see if the same problem occurs, BUT REMEMBER THE BRAKES WILL BE VERY MUCH REDUCED IN STOPPING SO BE VERY CAREFUL!

Back