• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

All mods

Hi help and advice much appreciated.

Updated list
Honda Civic Type R parts list
To Do now:-
Full service at eurospec

4-2-1 manifold
3" straight through exhaust
GruppeM or Tegiwa Air Filter
RRC Inlet Manifold with fitment kit if possible if not no problem
Hondata k-pro / k-100
full set of original ep3 alloys or Jdm ep3 alloys
Brake discs (uprated)
Calipers (uprated)
LSD
Springs 20mm-30mm drop
Front and rear camber adjusters
Torque dampner
Reservoir covers
Oil and radiator cap
Magnetic Drain Plugs
Thermal inlet manifold gasket
Inlet/airbox Hoses
Baffled Sump
Front & rear anti roll bars
Front & rear Strut bars
BRAIDED CLUTCH LINE
Braided BRAKE LINES HOSES
SPOON LOW TEMP THERMOSTAT

I would love advice from you all on brands to use and if anybody has different opinions on this setup I'm looking for power not bothered about noise.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've picked the best and generally most expensive version of each of those items so unlikely you're going to get any better :)

front camber kit, you may not need if you get coilovers, if you do eibach bolts are generally considered the best.

Clutch, genuines good for decent power, if you're aiming above 240ish is say, would be worth upgrading to a excedy stage 1(there was one listed in the for sale section)

I saw that did send the seller a message waiting to hear back dazza I'm in Colnbrook do you ever go to any meets or meet up with fellow type r owners local? Would be keen to meet if you did get an idea of what you think of the type r I'm picking up on Thursday and also find out where you would recommend to take the car for all type of work

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yea I'm up for a meet up at some point. Don't think many meets go on that local, nearest one that comes to mind is ace cafe. Some guy stopped me on the way home the other night and told me he was getting a Heathrow Jap car club sorted, keeping my eyes peeled for that, if he doesn't then I might as there doesn't seem to be a great deal that goes on around this neck of the woods.
Getting work done wise, I took my car to tdi north for engine work (cams, manifolds and remap) and to Stevie at grinspeed for the LSD, synchros and clutch. When I was at Grinspeed Stevie did speak highly of Tom at TGM Motorsport as do many others.Theyre much more local and still do a good job. Remap wise I wouldn't take my car anywhere else other than TDI, I've heard good things about Romain at eurospec in Guildford but I'd still only use Paul at TDI.

I'll go with what you said in regards tuning mapping etc heard great things about Paul for the big work and remapping and I'll try Tom for everything else.

I would be up for organising something with you for sure. When would you be able to meet up

I've got a Function 7 subframe brace sat here if you're interested? It's used and has a few marks underneath but can't be seen when fitted. No use to me as I use a Progress brace with the progress anti roll bar.

You'll get great service from Tdi, Grinspeed and TGM, all will fit any parts you have or want to the highest standard but in my opinion mapping definitely Paul west at tdi.<br><br>Im generally around most evenings and weekends, with a couple of exceptions. Pm me some days or weekends you're about and we'll get somthing sorted.

Yeah I'm going to go tdi for mapping Def but will try tgm and grinspeed as they are local what I save on petrol I can spend on parts

I'm going to give TGM and Grinspeed a call today about servicing when I get some info about servicing parts etc

Just found out that tegiwa do 0% finance I won't be waiting for the parts now lol

Back