• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Alloy Wheel Corrosion Potential Claim (Pics)

I have taken these pics of my original CTR alloys for my local Honda dealer to take a look at, as I want to put in a claim, due to wheel/paint defects as seen in the pictures below. The defects are on all 4 wheels.
DSC00188.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

As I work Mon-Fri, and this appears to be the only days the paint/bodyshop 'expert' seems to be in, I have agreed with my dealer to take these pics, and send them in for them to look at, and hopefully submit to Honda UK for a warranty claim.

From those with previous experience of successfully claiming a replacement set of wheels, how do mine look?? The defects have been getting worse over the last few months, and my warranty will expire in November '06.

Any help and thoughts appreciated.

Yours look no worse than mine mate, it was only really obvious on 2 of my wheels but all 4 were changed under warranty, took a few months to sort out but keep asking mate!!
AC :lol:

Mine were nowhere near as bad as that and were replaced under warrenty. :wink: 8)

Yours are worse than mine when I had my prefacelift and simialr to Andy only a 2 were worthy of replacement but all of them were changed - prob because the shade of grey on the new facelift alloys is darker.

The only cause for rejection if the alloys are badly curbed - but that would be a conversation to have with the dealer.

Mine were replaced last august and to my surprise i didn't get the new facelift alloys but a set identical to the ones i had! :?

Neily03 said:
Mine were replaced last august and to my surprise i didn't get the new facelift alloys but a set identical to the ones i had! :?

Is the corrosion warranty 5 or 6 years? If so, you will be eligible for another set before then :wink:

simhoward said:
Neily03 said:

Is the corrosion warranty 5 or 6 years? If so, you will be eligible for another set before then :wink:

The corrosion warrenty is 6 years on the body only, all other painted sufaces is 3 years. :wink: My CTR is going in 4 weeks so i'm noth bothered. :lol:

My first set of wheels was much worse than that when I had the replaced. The second set now look similar to yours but not as bad. Would Honda replace the second set as well, I'm out of warranty now :(

Had a call this lunchtime to say they had received the photos yesterday, they forwarded them onto Honda, who approved 4 new wheels, and they have arrived at the dealers this afternoon! They asked if I wanted them fitted today, unfortunately I am at work, so its booked in for tomorrow!!

That must be a record time 8) Result! :D

I had them fitted Saturday no probs 8) Definitely a slightly darker colour, which I presume is the facelift version. All 4 wheels are brand spanking new. :D

Back