• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ally's EJ9-R Build up - new shell

So here is my build up and what has happened so far and what is planned :)

here are the mods when I bought the civic back in March 2011:

- A full respray in Starlight Black
- Smoothed off coupe front bumper
- Carbon vented bonnet
- Buddy Club short shifter
- replica ek9 grill
- lowered on unknown coilys and 60mm springs on the back
- type r rear lip
- tsw black alloys
- cusco front strut brace
- injen cold air feed
- full custom exhaust with decat and custom backbox (very loud)
- d16 manifold
- ek9 style headlights

and here are the Current Specs

Engine

B16B conversion
AEM V2 Induction Kit
OEM EK9 Intake Manifold
Apexi GT 4-2-1 Manifold
OEM EK9 Cat-Back System
S4C Gearbox with Helical LSD
B16B Radiator
NRG Carbon Spark Plug Cover

Suspension & Brakes

Miracle Cross Bar
Blue Blackworks Rear LCAs
Unknown Coilovers at the front
Unknown Springs at the rear
OEM EJ9 Brakes with Goodridge Brake Lines

Interior

EK9 Recaros on EK9 Rails
EK9 Cluster w/ MPH converter
Momo Corse Steering Wheel with Spoon Sports horn
Momo Boss
NRG Quick Release
OEM carpet dyed in Red
Stripped out rear interior
Tailor Made Red Mats
Black Type R replica Gear Knob
Radioshack Piezo Buzzer (headlight reminder)
Interior Painted Black
Interior Plastics Painted Black
OEM EK9 Door Cards
Broadway Mirror
4 Point Takata Safety Harness

Exterior

Rear wiper delete
Rear EK9 replica lip
Replica EK9 Grill
Honda Jazz Jet Washers
OEM EK4 Headlights
All arches Polyfilled
15" TSWs wrapped in budgets
OEM EK9 Spoiler
JDM Tail light conversion

What I have planned for the near future

- First things first, shall get the engine oil changed since it's been almost 6 months since the last oil change.
- 5 Lug swap from a Integra Dc2 with 282 front and 260mm rear brake upgrade.
- Awaiting the arrival of HSD coilovers
- Mfactor Magnetic plug & shifter
- EK9 Dash
- basically ek9 everything lol

plan for much later on

- Reshell the EK9

Here are some pics from where I started till where I left off..

The day after I got her :)

IMG_0364.jpg

TSWs

IMG_0365.jpg

Took the seats out and gave the car a clean

14032011086.jpg

put this on for a laugh

14032011087.jpg

Fitted driver side recaro

IMG_0415.jpg

changed my gear knob from

IMG_0366.jpg

to

IMG_0494.jpg

got a tegiwa tilt bracket that I had on for a bit

22032011107-Copy.jpg

Since the car was off the road, thought I'd do something

05042011147.jpg

Took everything out and painted the inside black

18042011192.jpg

Dyed the Carpet Red

06052011228.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

Managed to get a matching recaro

18052011254.jpg

Blue Blackworks LCAs fitted

IMG_1046.jpg

Then I purchased this B16A but found that the engine code was gone! :mad: was not too happy and the guy avoided me so sadly I had to break the engine for parts. Painted the rocker cover when I got bored one day lol

17082011352.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Got some rota slipstreams for a bit before I sold them

IMG_1453.jpg

Interior shot

94321e1c.jpg

New engine in! The legendary B16B.

8bb23c37.jpg

The lug swap/ brake upgrade lying in my garage

a22f36a0.jpg

Miracle Cross Bar fitted

3951c93b.jpg

Black Edition Slotted Discs for my brake upgrade

eaf73c3d.jpg

New Cluster as the old ones were revving off the clocks lol

IMG_1855.jpg

d3daca06.jpg

My current set up with the new manifold and induction kit, sounds lovely on vtec

8e4e5d11.jpg

New Spark Plug Cover

3de04df9.jpg

Goodies Arrived

cc7f708e.jpg

34c0b5a3.jpg

And the conversion on tail lights

Untitled.jpg

Don't know why but startin to get a bit sick of the takatas lol so i've launched them on ebay for now and see what happens

I think that's it for now! C&C welcome :D

Last edited by a moderator:
finally patched the TSWs. vile things

24E52563-CAFF-4FC5-88E2-8482BDFC37A1-16884-000010079B1488CC.jpg

and on went the dc2 hubs

4FBD88C5-9672-4B27-A51B-F9BAC0A2BA26-16884-00001007909BBA9E.jpg

not much else except that ive put in a deposit for this thing..

20120902_140908.jpg

20120902_140845.jpg

20120902_140837.jpg

20120902_140629.jpg

Looks lovely, loving he build. keep up the good work

I see you use Mr Baird too, mine never seems to be out of there these days.

Cheers dude! Yeah I'm going up again tomorrow and was there yesterday haha! He's a really sound guy, you really cannot fault the guy with the amount of cars he's built and repaired. What car do you drive? Might have seen it about

Cheers dude! Yeah I'm going up again tomorrow and was there yesterday haha! He's a really sound guy, you really cannot fault the guy with the amount of cars he's built and repaired. What car do you drive? Might have seen it about

Yeah I know alot of people that use him a few that are very fussy about who works on their cars, nothing is ever to much hassle for him and like you said he always has some sort of build project on the go. I have a T reg Accord Type R in Pirates Black, I won't go any where else now. Car is going in on Tuesday for some more work

Yeah I know alot of people that use him a few that are very fussy about who works on their cars, nothing is ever to much hassle for him and like you said he always has some sort of build project on the go. I have a T reg Accord Type R in Pirates Black, I won't go any where else now. Car is going in on Tuesday for some more work

I might be up again on tuesday/wednesday again! that place is becoming a second home haha! bloody wheel bearings! cost me a fortune! what you getting done? speaking of hassle, he was absolutely raging at this clio sport he was asked to change the timing belt on haha!

I might be up again on tuesday/wednesday again! that place is becoming a second home haha! bloody wheel bearings! cost me a fortune! what you getting done? speaking of hassle, he was absolutely raging at this clio sport he was asked to change the timing belt on haha!

Getting a CV boot fitted and a new caliper fitted, I'm also dropping of my Cobra Bucket Seat to be fitted but I'm not sure he will have time to fit that.

Getting a CV boot fitted and a new caliper fitted, I'm also dropping of my Cobra Bucket Seat to be fitted but I'm not sure he will have time to fit that.

Cobra seat shouldn't be too hard, as long as you have the correct rails? Are they like side mounts? I'm not too sure with them seats haha

Cobra seat shouldn't be too hard, as long as you have the correct rails? Are they like side mounts? I'm not too sure with them seats haha

Thankfully they are bottom mounting, had to get another set of rails but he will mod these ones to fit, the other ones are £300 a pair.

Thankfully they are bottom mounting, had to get another set of rails but he will mod these ones to fit, the other ones are £300 a pair.

Ah! Modding with require a welder I reckon, I had to get my old spoon rails modded to fit. I'll probably catch you up there on Tuesday or weds if you are still up there. Depends when these bearings arrive haha!

Ah! Modding with require a welder I reckon, I had to get my old spoon rails modded to fit. I'll probably catch you up there on Tuesday or weds if you are still up there. Depends when these bearings arrive haha!

I will no doubt end up leaving the seat there for hime to play around with, I will be there tuesday around 3ish, might see you there then

Back