• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CH1 Almost got one.

Scousefella

Mental for Oriental
I almost sold the CTR for one of these. Quality car and loads of room. :D

Quite a stealth mota too. :shock: :shock:

Scousefella said:
I almost sold the CTR for one of these. Quality car and loads of room. :D

Quite a stealth mota to. :shock: :shock:

Was considering one of those instead of the CTR, but dealer couldn't find one and needed a part ex so couldn't go private :(

One very nice car IMO, and you'r right, certainly stealthy :twisted:

I tried my best to convince my mate to get an ATR.

Do you think he took my advice?

No, the prat went and bought a Fiesta Zetec S.

All together now...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats this I hear when you change gear you drop out of VTEC?

Scousefella said:
milano_chris said:
Whats this I hear when you change gear you drop out of VTEC?

Only if you have a "Grandad" driving style. :wink:

Ahh ok. So what engine is in these bad boys? The one out of the DC2?

I went from an ATR -> CTR.
Engine is H22A7, similar, but more powerful, to the ones in the Preludes.
You had to take it all the way to the red line to keep it on cam :twisted:

I have an ATR and love it.. certainly in 1st and 2nd the redline must be in site for it to achieve constant vTec but 3rd and 4th are a little more 'forgiving'...

certainly in 2nd its a real fine-line between being in constant vTec when changing to 3rd and having to wait a second or so for the 'Tec to come back in again.... Get it right tho, and my word, it goes!!

Consumption isnt too bad, obviously dependent on the driving style you adopt.. When not ragging (Private roads only of course) you can achieve a decent mpg. On a family trip to Cornwall recently (Luggage capacity another bonus of the ATR) I worked out about 31mpg fully loaded which was nice.. mind you that was mostly motorway miles.....

Definitely a good all-rounder with the convenience of four doors but the performance that matches a standard CTR (with the added bonus of LSD as standard :))

These are going very cheap in Autotrader

Trying to get my mum to buy one so I can borrow it on the weekends :lol:

ATR owner myself and love every moment of it !! Feels more planted to the road than a CTR and s2k imo, CTR is very go-kart like which do i love though. s2k is faster in a straight line but corners not so well. VTEC in 1st and 2nd is as Gus says very unfoorgiving but if you can keep it on tap then it is very rewarding !! MPG's are ok but not the best, i average anywhere between 150 miles - 370 miles !! 150 miles was my first week of ownership and 370 was on a trip from Chichester to Stockport, load space etc etc is brilliant and i wouldnt change it for the world. Bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing too, Acccord just says grandad to most people !!!

Scouse, good examples of Accord Type R's are as rare as rocking horse ****, however, we have just got in a Y reg, in red with not that many miles on.
Recently serviced by us as well. Under 40K miles.
On Autotrader and Honda internet very soon so, anyone interested better move quick at £8995.

Dave S said:
Scouse, good examples of Accord Type R's are as rare as rocking horse ****, however, we have just got in a Y reg, in red with not that many miles on.
On Autotrader and Honda internet very soon so, anyone interested better move quick at £8995.

Sounds like a goodun Dave - CTR all the way for me now though. 8)

Mine's not too bad just pottering to work and back... 350 outta a tank... though heavy right foot driving is a bit less :lol:

Dave S said:
AND DID IT SELL?

Back