• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

alternative ecu brands..... any good?

Hopefully his work is better and more honest this time round than with Jakan, I just remember horror story after horror story from there.

Agreed. Plus, I'm fairly certain that he is not an authorised Hondata dealer.

He was slagging Hondata off years ago, and harping on about the AEM, shame he couldn't map it properly, or build anything that worked. They had Mike's DC5 forever and that never worked properly. He seems to be very good at the 'convincer' part of things and lures people in to the point they'll defend him mercilessly, until he showed he was unable to do what was promised, or ripped them off along the way.

Dan Turner is one to be aware of.

ahh nice one guys.. im going hondata! its the only ecu i see on the civics on nyce1s..i read last night pacman is using the kpro system on a set of ITB...is this possible?

He was slagging Hondata off years ago, and harping on about the AEM, shame he couldn't map it properly, or build anything that worked. They had Mike's DC5 forever and that never worked properly. He seems to be very good at the 'convincer' part of things and lures people in to the point they'll defend him mercilessly, until he showed he was unable to do what was promised, or ripped them off along the way.

Ah it's him then. I remember "Secret" Mike on the DC5 forum. :lol:

Why is there so much 'tarping' , secrets and lies about mapping??

Is it down to the no actual product being involved, just time and effort??

Plus I suppose to a certain degree you can just copy a basic breathing mod map and apply it to various set ups, then just say its done?!!?!

Why is there so much 'tarping' , secrets and lies about mapping??

Is it down to the no actual product being involved, just time and effort??

Plus I suppose to a certain degree you can just copy a basic breathing mod map and apply it to various set ups, then just say its done?!!?!

I think it's because mapping can make or break or tuner really.

And you'd be surprised at what tuners would basically recycle maps out time and time again as custom maps and charge accordingly.

And you'd be surprised at what tuners would basically recycle maps out time and time again as custom maps and charge accordingly.

Yeah that makes sense.

Its all about being there and seeing the 20/30 runs on the RR and the mapper doing what they do.

Romain was great at showing me what it was all about.

Agree 100%. Plus from what i was reading about tuning K's on AEM they can be tricky. Where as the Hondata does cam timing in degree's the AEM requires a voltage conversion. It can be done but as you say why bother.

Cheers J, although at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what ECU option you run, it's only as good as the person mapping it as you know all too well!

although at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what ECU option you run, it's only as good as the person mapping it as you know all too well!

I think that should be something that everyone who is looking into ECU and tuners should really take note of. Choose wisely or it can turn out to be a very expensive mistake.

Guys, im going hondata....im 99 percent on K100 (few weeks till my funds come through)... Thanks for the help :)

Easy guys,

Ive managed somehow to secure some moneys to get the Kpro!! Now im trying to gather a few prices and ive also thought about talking with Paul Jones as he's selling a Kpro and lambda in the f/s section off the System R demo car... im not hearing anything back on PM, does anyone know if he works at TDi North? I was going to try and call them in the morning. Im considering CPL and another garage 786 in Leicester as they are a Local tuner to me.....

Does anyone have any recomendations or advice for me, i really apreciate the help so far guys, its been top notch :) :)

Easy guys,

Ive managed somehow to secure some moneys to get the Kpro!! Now im trying to gather a few prices and ive also thought about talking with Paul Jones as he's selling a Kpro and lambda in the f/s section off the System R demo car... im not hearing anything back on PM, does anyone know if he works at TDi North? I was going to try and call them in the morning. Im considering CPL and another garage 786 in Leicester as they are a Local tuner to me.....

Does anyone have any recomendations or advice for me, i really apreciate the help so far guys, its been top notch :) :)

Ring them, perhaps he is busy :)

I think that should be something that everyone who is looking into ECU and tuners should really take note of. Choose wisely or it can turn out to be a very expensive mistake.

Thinking of getting an ECU in the not too distant future (probably next year as my funds and insurance allows) and this is invaluble info to someone as new to the scene as I am. Thanks fellas :)

Back