• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Amp power cable

Hey! :lol:
Im wanting to fit an amp in my EP3 but unlike Hondas I've owned in the past I cant find a hole to route the power cable from engine bay to interior. Just wondering if you have found one and where etc or if not, how have you manaed it? Help will be much appreciated. Thanks :confused:

There is an existing hole behind the airbox which feeds behind the glove box. It's a tight fit, but possible to get a power cable through it.

Ive had a try today at 1, finding the hole, and 2 feed the cable through it! Ive found what I think is the hole you mention, an oval grommet with an existing conduit already going through it?? Is that the one? But, tried getting the cable through it, but it wont go! I then went into car, dropped the glove box and shone a torch upwards behind it but still I cant even see the other side of this grommet, even if i could theres, that much gubbins in the way which would most definetely make it a sod to get hands up there to secure it! Help!!

Keep trying, a cable will go through. Route it from the engine and keep feeding it through till you can grab it from the cabin side. You may have to take the grommet off to get the cable through but some manage without.

Ive found 3 grommets, one of which i can see the other end of from inside car, its a round one, similar sized diameter of a cup. Ive tried pushing cable through but doesnt go. The smaller oval grommet, ive popped out as i tried this one first as its easier to access, naturally, but the cables that go through are taped to it on the other side. Either way, i dont fancy piercing it because of water ingress and working with vehicles, ive seen what water does to electronics and it aint pretty!! Ill have another go another day. Thanks

i used the oval grommet behind the gearbox on the bulk head and a metal coat hanger bent straight and taped to the power lead as a pulling tool.

The small oval one? I know im making a bit of a fuss but im confused. Can any one provide a photo of this grommet. The grommet i can see is oval, about as big as two two pound coins next to eachother and is easiest to get to nearest the top right hand side of engine bay ( stood in front of car facing it ) but cant see other side of it from inside car as its too high up compared to the one i mentioned in the last post which i can just see. thanks guys, i really appreciate this

Back