• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

An Expensive Service :shock:

50,000 mile service performed yesturday at a cost of £500. :shock:

I did request a few extra things done, like gearbox oil and brake fluid changing. I also needed new Brake Pads all round (Thanks to Silverstone)

Thats the most expensive service I've ever experienced. They didn't even clean up the spilt oil from draining the oil filter and gearbox :twisted:

IbizaRich said:
How much did the brake pads cost?

Fronts £38.30 for the pair + VAT
Rears £29.79 for the pair + VAT

Total Labour £306.02
Total Parts £124.70
VAT £76.25 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Flippin eck.

Bazzer, my Brakes are Still wrecked from Silverstone too :oops:

I Think, thats where they make the money, On the extra's.

Wiper blades ARE ABOUT £500 :lol:

IMO that's a disgusting amount to charge you.

What do they think your running, an Evo or something?

Being meticulous when it comes to servicing comes in at a price. The only thing that fecks me off is they charge you for screenwash when I know full well it was full to the brim :twisted: It is a different colour so they must drain it out and fill it back up again :roll:

There's being meticulous and there's being down right cheeky and robbing of you of your hard earned cash.

£300 labour for a service is well OTT IMO.

Sorry m8, they have just well and truly robbed you. :shock:

G said:
Sorry m8, they have just well and truly robbed you. :shock:

I agree, Brindley Honda Cannock, changed my gearbox oil for free when I had it serviced as I complained that it felt a bit notchy when cold, they also adjusted the linkage and regreased it.

Bazzer said:
Being meticulous when it comes to servicing comes in at a price. The only thing that fecks me off is they charge you for screenwash when I know full well it was full to the brim :twisted: It is a different colour so they must drain it out and fill it back up again :roll:

I found this on my last car - When I asked them about it they said thay have to test the washer jet system to make sure they work, then replace the fluid used in the testing :|

I was quoted £800 for a second service, It needed;

Front Pads
4 Tyers (Back ones were fine though and they are still on the car now)

I think that was it, I took my own Oil, and told them to do the basics and it came out at £200, I then got the rest done at a local garage and saves £300.

:lol:

I hate Honda dealers, The one in Bristol is the best I have found in the south west, and thats not saying much.

theotherme said:
I was quoted £800 for a second service, It needed;

Front Pads
4 Tyers (Back ones were fine though and they are still on the car now)

I think that was it, I took my own Oil, and told them to do the basics and it came out at £200, I then got the rest done at a local garage and saves £300.

I hate Honda dealers, The one in Bristol is the best I have found in the south west, and thats not saying much.

You should consider going to Tom at TGM motorsport in Fleet or if you are willing to travel, up to Paul at TDI North in Warrington.

Either can sort you out with an extremely high quality, professional service that many Honda garages can only dream of at a very reasonable price. Just pick up the phone and give them a call.

It's a known fact - Honda dealers charge the Earth !!

Included in price - Crappy service for Free !!

Back