• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Andrew's Helise Type-R

Hi there,
this is my Honda powered Lotus Elise :cool:
The car has about 230 BHP (circa 210 WHP) and it is pretty quick in my opinion.
Future mods will be 5.08 final drive, ultra lightned flywheel and maybe a jdm DC5 limited slip diff.
I would like to buy a 8 lbs Exedy flywheel, can someone advice me where buying it in UK?Since I found it only in USA...same problem for the jdm lsd, where to find it apart ebay(japan)?
:eek:
Thanks

8ea998e.jpg

4c65e14.jpg
1fcb764.jpg

4575f26.jpg

22f5ab9.jpg

897c474.jpg

96a03cd.jpg

d117192.jpg

ed2d711.jpg

foto3xf.jpg

very nice, iching to my conversion on the road now :twisted:

whats the full spec? uprated any parts, brakes, cooling?

Omex 710 ECU
Lotus Motorsport triple bypass Radiator
K&N big cone filter
Link-up exhaust manifold 4-2-1 decat
8" 2bular muffler Exige S
rear 3 piece Lotus diffuser
2 way Ohlins shocks
Uprated Toelinks
Uprated driveshafts
Exige S2 motorsport probax seats
MOMO mod88 steering wheel with snap-off
Ap racing 2 piece brake discs
Goodridge Brake hoses
Lightweight Steering Arms EP
Baffled sump oil pan
Nimbus heat insulator
Brake pads Pagid RS 42 with Castrol SRF oil
Carbon side scoop Exige S2

good spec bit more modded than mine so far but costs dictate lol

hwo you going on with the ohlins? is it just a change in shocks or springs also?

The kit is composed by shocks and springs. They are very very good on the road, unexpectedly very comfortable, maybe because the spring rates are not too stiff, I don't remember exactly the rates but I don't think they are very far from the std springs.
On the track I'm not very satisfied for now, but I'm sure the problem aren't the springs/shocks (mainly I think that fitting wider tyres on the stock wheels, as I did, it isn't a good move, so I have fitted wider wheels but I've not tried on track for now...when I'll burn these tyres I'll come back to the std Lotus size), soon I'll replace the old bushes with others poly bushes and i'll fit an uprated front ARB 1" (std one should be about 6/8 ").

i've still got the standard billy and eibach setup i love it so far but not yet been on track also not got a great deal of miles on them only thing that bothers me is the ride height would like it to sit lower but dont want to mess as its so useable at the mo

what tyres were/are you running? i'm on the advan neova's thay are awesome

Currently Federal 595 RS-R in wrong size (205/50r16 front, 235/45r17 rear)and sitting in my garage (used) Advan A048 in Exige size (195-225).
The Federal on std Exige wheels were horrible (6.5"x16" - 7.5"x17"), now with 7"x16" and 8"x17" wheel they aren't so bad (between a 'normal' road tyre and a semislick like R888 )

Hi Andrew, do you post on Seloc also? I'm still on there as stew-t.
Nice HElise, even for an S2 ;)

Very good looking car, I bet that's seriously quick.

Welcome to the forum :D .

Back