• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Anniversary edition calipers - Real or Fake?

2012-05-24115515.jpg

I bought these under the impression that they were anniversary edition brake calipers for an EP3, but they look a bit fake. Can anyone shed some light on whether these are legit or not?

How much did you pay for these Calipers, Ive got a set in the Garage that I was going to paint that I need to sell.

Right, bringing this back to the top as I need help. I finally got round to fitting these but even using standard discs and pads they wouldn't fit. The discs are the same thickness as the previous ones, but the only way I can get the new callipers on is to use the old pads. My model is a 2003 pre-facelift and as far as I understand these callipers come from a facelift model. Do the facelift models use different discs/pads to the pre-facelift? If so, what do I need instead?

Same pads. The FN2 even has the same pads.

Any chance you need to force the piston back? I'm assuming your old pads are worn so won't be as thick is new pads.

The piston is as far back as they can be. The old pads are worn down so that's why they fit. I'm really annoyed by this, they should just fit but they don't. What about the discs? Is it possible that I need thinner discs?

I dunno. I've checked a few shops. All pads are the same thickness, same as the discs. it must be the calipers but the mechanic I used assures me they're fine. I may have to try different calipers to see if that works.

Back