• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Annoying Headlight problem!

Could someone please tell me how to sort out condensation in the headlights my driver side light keeps steaming up and it is so annoying ! someone must of had this problem.

Could someone please tell me how to sort out condensation in the headlights my driver side light keeps steaming up and it is so annoying ! someone must of had this problem.

Other than removing the headlight and resealing it, I'm afraid you're just going to have to grin and bare it. Moisture is probably getting in via one of the bulb seals.

I had this same problem condensation/dirty looking drivers side headlight tried everything from hairdryer to taping foil over it and turing on main beems for 30 mins. Nothing worked but i got a new one under warranty in the end my car being 06 plate :D if you have any warranty use it otherwise its prob best to live with it dont know how much a new headlight is but aint gonna be cheap

Try and get a silica gel bag in there (the little ones that come with cameras etc). Suck it up in no time :)

I've got this coming through on my passenger side one. It's happening on mine due to the bonnet seal being slightly out of line, and due to the way it's sitting, it runs water along to one of the clips and it leaks through :rolleyes:

Going to leave it for the moment, and see if my mechanic can reattach that corner of the seal at it's service - if bulbs start blowing, then more drastic measures may be required!

Try and get a silica gel bag in there (the little ones that come with cameras etc). Suck it up in no time :)
Really good idea going to try that out cheers:D
cant see any other faults like broken seals . so annoying when your car looks so good but you have a stupid cloudy headlight.

This happened to me after i went in the biggest puddle you've ever seen. Blew both my headlight bulbs! Then epic condensation in them forever. Had to get new headlights :(

Back